Long time lurker, thinking about purchasing

Yeah it's just a means of installing an x86 based binary from dropbox.

Now I'm curious. Then the source file in that page cannot be compiled for arm? Is it not the source code?

Really, I compiled so few things in my life that I ignore many things about it.

You can compile the source shown here, it's even downloadable from the official Debian armhf repository, the end result just creates a launcher that downloads a dropbox binary for that doesn't work for an armhf platform.

Thanks for the explanation.

Indeed Nextcloud is the way to go on linux. I have been using for very long and you can even mount a dropbox share if you need to access it. But then it is almost mandatory (regarding security) to have also your own VPN to access it from internet.

I can see why dopbox can be more convenint for a user (ethical dilemma aside). That said, blame dropbox for not having a FOSS client.

Now that I'm feeling nostalgic for my Sharp Zaurus, I wonder if I could get any of the programs to work.
getting old code to run on new kernels is easier then the other way around.

...assuming you have the source...

what programs are you feeling nostalgic for?

what zaurus rom/distro did you use?

getting old code to run on new kernels is easier then the other way around.

...assuming you have the source...

what programs are you feeling nostalgic for?

what zaurus rom/distro did you use?
I'm feeling nostalgic for the clamshell formfactor. I had the SL-C1000. I don't remember off the top of my head which roms I used but I did enjoy QTopia with Gant themes. I wish Gant was still popular.

Reactions: rSl
Now I'm looking forward to the Pyra more than ever. I have decided to sell all of my computers including my gaming desktop, gaming laptop, and my two iMacs leaving me just with my humble webserver and corporate issued laptop. My future setup at home is going to look like this...
  • System76 Oryx Pro laptop running Pop!_OS and Windows 10 (laptop to be ordered this week)
  • Pyra PYR4GBUS running Debian
  • Acer Veriton N4 running as an Ubuntu webserver
Much simpler than what I was doing before. I'm imagining I'll use the Pyra and the Oryx Pro together on a KVM switch when I'm at home. I have an active Dropbox subscription so it's easy for me to share files across all of my devices and then I have an 8tb NAS configured in RAID1 for a full system backup. These solutions help negate the need for extra local storage on my devices.

Back