Release Live system info

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
Ever wanted to know how much power or CPU your favorite game/emulator uses? You could fire up Pandora System Info and have it draw some nice graphs after running in background, but you won't know what exact moment of your experience the graph represents. This is where Live system info may come useful, it will draw some numbers on the reserved OMAP layer, so it should be visible on most games, and you can see the information in real time. Where it won't work is while TV-out is active, that's because the reserved layer is used to send video to TV.

liveinfo.jpg

There was also a bug in firmware script where after using tv-out the system layer would break, so if you want to use this after using tv-out, you need the latest firmware update.

As usual, get it from repo. Sources inside .pnd.

Last edited by a moderator:
glshim has a framerate counter embedded. Any way I could pass the output to your overlay?

Could also be nice to have a global toggle hotkey for this.

Could also be nice to have a global toggle hotkey for this.
We had that for tv-out switching, but it seemed to always interfere with something else. I guess there should be some sort of a menu called by pandora key for this stuff (instead of it's current pseudorandom behavior), but that's a bit of work..

Nice tool, could be pretty handy, I often check sysinfo but this overlay here is of course much more useful. I have a old CC Pandora and basicly everything feels ike it uses 100% CPU power (even simple website loading) but with that overlay I can check everything at the same time I use an app and don't need to switch to sysinfo.

Again, a big thank you to notaz. :)

Just way cool! I will definitely be using this frequently. It is fun to see how much cpu and power gets used by various applications.

Just like others have said, I think I will find this extremely useful.  Thanks.

Nice! Very nice!

Where are the sources? Maybe if I find the time, I want to try to integrate this with system info in some way... (first I have to write a novel and update PIV and nanolemmings, but after that...)

Is there anything I can edit to relocate this?  It is right where I like my taskbar (is that the right name for the thing with my menu button, desktop switcher, button to toggle wifi/USB host and such, etc?).  I know I am not the only person who puts it on the right side, but I will move the taskbar if I must, as I think I will frequently want this running.

I'm with rygD.

I have my menu bar at the top and would like to move this down a tad. Had a look in utmp/liveinfo but couldn't see anything there..

Really useful little app :) thanks notaz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe a toggle to show / hide the info would be nice.. Something that we never use.. Can we map FN / Pandora button?

Maybe a toggle to show / hide the info would be nice.. Something that we never use.. Can we map FN / Pandora button?
Afaik: No. The Fn Button is not send to your system directly (like Ctrl or Alt), but the hardware translates some Fn+Button combinations to key numbers and sends them to the running system.

Afaik: No. The Fn Button is not send to your system directly (like Ctrl or Alt), but the hardware translates some Fn+Button combinations to key numbers and sends them to the running system.
Actually, that makes little sense to me... The Fn key is part of of the keyboard matrix - hardware-wise it's like any other key.

I would expect it to be the the kernel driver that actually implements how the fn key works.

Perhaps notaz can clarify which of us is correct?

- Neelix

Where are the sources? Maybe if I find the time, I want to try to integrate this with system info in some way... (first I have to write a novel and update PIV and nanolemmings, but after that...)
Sources are in the .pnd, your style. Should have mentioned in the first post, added now.

Is there anything I can edit to relocate this?  It is right where I like my taskbar (is that the right name for the thing with my menu button, desktop switcher, button to toggle wifi/USB host and such, etc?).  I know I am not the only person who puts it on the right side, but I will move the taskbar if I must, as I think I will frequently want this running.
Not at the moment, but I can add a config file, I guess.

Actually, that makes little sense to me... The Fn key is part of of the keyboard matrix - hardware-wise it's like any other key.

I would expect it to be the the kernel driver that actually implements how the fn key works.

Perhaps notaz can clarify which of us is correct?

- Neelix
Yeah it's only the driver that treats it special, and it can't affect the game buttons (which include start/select/pandora) as those are controlled by different driver.

Back