List Of Pandora's Arm Compatible Programs?

pootle

Still Fresh
Is there such a thing as a repository for all (or most) of the programs that are already compatible with linux on arm architecture?

I have read the faq and googled but haven't been able to find any source for this information.

There have been a number of questions regarding program compatibility and it would be useful to have a reliable source to search.

Many thanks!

As opposed to looking for anything/everything that's been ported to ARM architectures, you may instead want to read this thread. It's about Angstrom, which is what the Pandora's in-built Linux distribution is based on, and covers that stuff.

Alternatively, you can have a look around Angstrom's repository here.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
Hope this helps. :)
Ahem. When I said I had looked I obviously meant, "I have searched and searched and somehow managed to miss the thread in this forum that gives me exactly what I am looking for!" :blink:

Apologies and thanks for the steer!

johnx said:
also, Debian's list of packages for the armel archictecture (that's us!) can be searched on http://packages.debian.org
And the list of packages compiled for Ubuntu for various different ARM CPUs are up on http://mojo.handhelds.org

-John

Again, thanks so much for this info.

I'm hoping that planning my perfect app setup might help keep me sane waiting for my pandora to arrive!

I don't really understand this whole Angstrom malarkey.
Will anything on the Angstrom repository run on the Pandora?

I only ask because there's a lot of good stuff there and if all of that was working out of the box I would be more than happy! :D

darkwave said:
I don't really understand this whole Angstrom malarkey.
Will anything on the Angstrom repository run on the Pandora?

I only ask because there's a lot of good stuff there and if all of that was working out of the box I would be more than happy! :D
Essentially, yes. I can't see much stopping them working other than needing a lot more RAM - but even then Angstrom is for embedded devices anyway.

Just a tiny quote from Pickle's first post in the Angstrom thread;
Pickle said:
Although I dont think all of the packages have been ported the key I believe is to look for armv7a
In addition to that, I noticed that the Angstrom repository has a listing for "beagleboard", as well as "armv7a". I don't know for certain if those would work, too, though, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there's a possibility of that. :p

Back