List of games that work well with snes9x

Demon's Crest: Playable (but not full speed) at FS3 with sound. Bogs down severely at Mode 7 world map. Severe sound issues; most sounds and music don't play.
Super Metroid: Doesn't start
Kirby Super Star: doesn't start
Illusion of Gaia: Playable (maybe full speed; not sure since I haven't played it in a while) at FS4 with no sound.
Terranigma: Doesn't get to main menu.

Ooooh, I quite please with this, just getting around to trying the other emulators and this turned up. Here's my list of playable and not so playable:

Playable (Generally ok with sound, obviously better without):
Street Fighter 2 Turbo (the slight slowdown helps with your reaction time :)
Flashback :D
Aliens Vs Predator
Cannon Fodder
Lost Vikings

Not playable (regardless of sound on or off):
Super Star Wars (the whole trilogy) :(
Sim City 2000
Mortal Kombat 3

Oops. My mistake. <_< I tried loading SM while the sound was on. Just tried it without sound; works perfectly. I always do stuff like this; thanks for correcting me klay51. :)

Final Fantasy I - Won't get past name select
FF2 - Wroks well
FF3 - Dosen't work, 4got why
SMW - It worked the first time, now I'm getting white screens of death (prolly battries, I'll try)

Final Fantasy I - Won't get past name select
FF2 - Wroks well
FF3 - Dosen't work, 4got why
SMW - It worked the first time, now I'm getting white screens of death (prolly battries, I'll try)
Final Fantasy I for snes? What game do you mean? FFIV (J)?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean FF IV (J)??? The title screen clearly says:

Final Fantasy
MagicQuest
(dancing gems here, then they dissappear and you see press any button)
© blah 1111 blah blah

And it is perfectly in english. (I know by the SNES9x on my comp)
Also, the file when I got it was called Final Fantasy I.smc so I assume it is #1??

The numbering is all messed up for the earlier final fantasy games. I believe FFIV (the fourth final fantasy game) was released as FF on the SNES in America for some reason.... I think thats what happened, never really managed to get to the bottom of it.

Never the less, the first 3 final fantasy games were actually on the NES. (Played FFIII on NES emu, pretty good).

Yes, it´s messed up.

FFI was released on the NES, came to the US as FFI.
FFII and FIII (NES as well) never made it to the US.
FFIV (SNES) Did not make it to the US according to my memory. ( I remember playing a fan translation, since there was no official one)
FFV (SNES) In the US it was called FFII (the second one released in the US)
FFVI became FFIII

Final Fantasy: MagicQuest, I don´t know about that one. Never head of it, There is a game called FF: Mystic Quest, but that one whre for the GB I think.

Mystic Quest was for SNES. came out after (US) FFII, I believe, and also if memory serves it was supposed to be a kid's version (easier for the younger set to get into)

Magical Quest was a SNES game starring Mickey Mouse - by Capcom, one of those games where they used their Mega Man engine.. recently rereleased for GBA under a slightly different title though, but from screens I have seen it's essentially the same game (Minnie's in it too). Despite the kiddie theme, it was a decent platformer at the time, Mickey could get different suits with powers - there was even a bionic commando style one, if you can believe that!! Good ol' Capcom..

WOW, this is by far the best topic..

I've waited for a while for this, so I guess here's my 2 cents to the list

Ogre Battle - Can't really start, can do the name and the tarot cards then its just a black screen

Shadowrun - seems to be running good at the orignal setting of sound off and frameskip 3

Super Punchout - No sound frameskip 6 and it'll be all good to play

For Clock Tower I only got it workign once now its just a black screen ( If anyone knows how to get it working please tell me, I love this game)

Also on this thread they said that super metroid worked, but I couldn't get it to work even with the sound off, so how exactly did you guys do it??

Thanks guys

Hi, I have tested only 4 games, but they all work great at frameskip 2 & no sound (Why would I bother with sound when I can listen to some great music of a CD player ?):
- Gods
- R-Type 3
- Pieces
- Equinox
I don't really need much more to keep me happy for a long while...

Loic

FF1 -> nes, got released overseas
FF2/FF3 -> nes, didnt get released
FF4 -> snes, got released overseas as FF2
FF5 -> snes, not released overseas
FF6 -> snes, got released overseas as FF3

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is actually Seikein Densetsu in Japan. As you all know, Seikein Densetsu 2 was released as Secret of Mana in the states and in Europe. So FF: MQ is really not a part of the FF games, just renamed to such since the series was famous in the US.

Actuall it was mystic quest :) Not Magic. I like mystic quest better than the other ones, but it won't run (only tried v1, i'll try v1.01 to see)

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is actually Seikein Densetsu in Japan. As you all know, Seikein Densetsu 2 was released as Secret of Mana in the states and in Europe. So FF: MQ is really not a part of the FF games, just renamed to such since the series was famous in the US.
Sorry, but I have to correct you. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is NOT Seiken Densetsu 1.

Seiken Densetsu 1 is a Gameboy game known as Final Fantasy Adventure in the US.

The SNES Sequel (Seiken Densetsu 2) is indeed known as Secret of Mana. Seiken Densetsu 3 is my favorite SNES game of all time, but was not released in America, Seiken Densetsu 4 is Legend of Mana for PS1

Which reminds me, has anyone tried Seiken Densetsu 3 on the SNES emulator yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back