Linux on Xbox 360

lhn555

Still Fresh
I'm looking for some guidance on the matter, as I know it's possible to do so.

My Xbox is a Xenon, Dashboard 7371.

Also, any good tutorials on how to JTAG?

I'm new to the xbox "scene", just finished reflowing the motherboard to fix an RRoD.

Hey,

you should have a decent amount of soldering experience if you want to go the jtag route. Not that the process is extremely complex, but the solder pads and points are tiny.

Go google "reset glitch hack" for an alternative.

You will find detailed tutorials on other boards. Be aware that copyright infringement is illegal.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P700 mit Tapatalk

Hey,you should have a decent amount of soldering experience if you want to go the jtag route. Not that the process is extremely complex, but the solder pads and points are tiny. Go google "reset glitch hack" for an alternative.You will find detailed tutorials on other boards. Be aware that copyright infringement is illegal.Gesendet von meinem LG-P700 mit Tapatalk
Soldering experience is a yes. I'm not looking to play illegally ripped games or anything of that nature. I'm thinking JTAG is the way to go.

To be honest, I'm not finding the instructions on the free60 site for either the reset glitch hack or the SMC/JTAG NAND rewrite hack very clear (the latter on anything but a Xenon unit).  But yeah, I'd agree that the SMC/JTAG hack seems to be the most obvioud thing to try first.  The soldering points look fine, but nothing compared to the Pandora's EXT connector.

So far ive JTAGed 3 boxes (1 Xenon, 2 Jaspers), built 3 LPT flashers and one USB flasher.

Some of the pads are tiny and very difficult to solder.

Before you start you should:

1. Put the board out of the case to get an overview of the layout.

2. Decide if you want to use alternative spots on the back side of the board (some are easier on the back)

3. Cut your cables accordingly

4. Prepare shrink wrap and/or hot glue for the tiniest spots (because you can barely solder them right they will be fragile and you dont want them to move at all)

5. Use leaded solder. Its so much easier!

Good luck :)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P700 mit Tapatalk

Back