LinCity? Possible Port?

kingoddball

Will LinCity play on Pandora?

http://lincity-ng.be...x.php/Main_Page

Lincity-ng-2.0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It runs on the Pandora but it tends to be a little bit crashy. ^^"

And since I've never played the game before I actualy didn't know what to do, seems there are not many buildings, at least it plays different from Sim City.

The pandora port could need a general overhaul, I'm sure it can be a very nice game, I loved to play Sim City 2000 for many Years. :)

It runs on the Pandora but it tends to be a little bit crashy. ^^"

And since I've never played the game before I actualy didn't know what to do, seems there are not many buildings, at least it plays different from Sim City.

The pandora port could need a general overhaul, I'm sure it can be a very nice game, I loved to play Sim City 2000 for many Years. :)
I loved Sim City 2000 as well.

I'm pretty sure I have that one running on Pandy, under an emu. Have to look for it.

It shouldn't be too crashy anymore since I am using maemo codebase now.

Did you try it since the update?

I loved Sim City 2000 as well.

I'm pretty sure I have that one running on Pandy, under an emu. Have to look for it.
It runs fine under QEMU, tested by myself. :) There is the SC2000 Demo Version available in the Qiki under QEMU. Sadly, I've never got the working Sound, Music however works so far.

It shouldn't be too crashy anymore since I am using maemo codebase now.

Did you try it since the update?
Nope, I should try the new version, haven't played the game since over a year or more, it was one of the first games I've tried on my fresh new Pandora. :)

By the way, are there different language packs or so available? Would help me to switch to german for example.

Just tried messing around with this, it seems to work okay, except I can't figure the strategy for squat, because I can't get my TECH to go up at all, which means I can't build the things I really need!!

I mean, pottery, markets, farms, communes only goes so far, and you're screwed...how the hell do you get your TECH to go up?

Sim City 3000 runs native on Linux. Was on google last night... Maybe we can get it to run on Pandora.

Only if the sourcecode is available I'm afraid.

It doesn't only need to run on linux, but on arm-linux.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back