Beta Lincity-Ng

mcobit

Advanced Member
After some fighting with jam (the substitute for make, that this thing uses to build), I compiled and packaged Lincity-NG.
A Simcityclone with additional graphics and features.
http://lincity-ng.berlios.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

lincityng2.png

Get the PND here:
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=lincityng-lincity-ng-12664&dp=true

Have fun!

2.1.2.2:
This version theoretically supports OGLES rendering. It doesn't try to create the context if this is deactivated (default)

Who wants to experiment with the GLES can set Opengl to "yes" in the userconfig.xml file in the appdatafolder of lincityng. (Not recommended, as it is very crashy

sebt3 said:
So your JAM session ended, nice work mate ;)

Yes, that one, still need to get the glcode to work... Maybe you could have a look at this?

Actually, I will leave it like this, it should run fast enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
This crashed twice for me; first time it crashed in the introductory black screen and I had to do a hard-reset, second time it got to the main menu, then crashed to desktop. Here's the .out file from the second time:

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND_SCRIPT      : pnd_run.sh
PND_ARGS        : -p /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//lincityng.pnd -e scripts/lincity-ng.sh -b lincityng
PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//lincityng.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/lincityng
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : scripts/lincity-ng.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[19h19m10   START ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================
[19h19m10    INFO ]   Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop2" "/mnt/pnd/lincityng"
[19h19m10    INFO ]   Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/lincityng=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/lincityng=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/lincityng"
[19h19m11 SUCCESS ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================
[19h19m11   START ]=== Starting the application (scripts/lincity-ng.sh ) ==============
[19h19m11    INFO ]   mkdir: cannot create directory `.lincity-ng': File exists
[19h19m12    INFO ]   fast = 9
[19h19m13   ERROR ]   : Unable to query for available configs.
[19h19m13   ERROR ]   : Unable to create GLES context!
[19h19m14   ERROR ]   : Unable to initialise EGL. See previous error.
[19h19m22    INFO ]   ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
[19h19m40    INFO ]   ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
[19h19m42    INFO ]   ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
[19h19m46    INFO ]   ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
[19h20m17    INFO ]   ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
[19h20m18    INFO ]   /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 387:  3089 Killed                  "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS
[19h20m18  FAILED ]=== Starting the application (scripts/lincity-ng.sh ) ==============
[19h20m19   START ]=== uMount the PND =================================================
[19h20m19    INFO ]   cleanup done
[19h20m19 SUCCESS ]=== uMount the PND =================================================
Return code is : 7

Esn said:
This crashed twice for me; first time it crashed in the introductory black screen and I had to do a hard-reset, second time it got to the main menu, then crashed to desktop. Here's the .out file from the second time:

Code:
PND_SCRIPT      : pnd_run.sh
PND_ARGS        : -p /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//lincityng.pnd -e scripts/lincity-ng.sh -b lincityng
PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//lincityng.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/lincityng
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : scripts/lincity-ng.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
[19h19m10   START ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================
[19h19m10    INFO ]   Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop2" "/mnt/pnd/lincityng"
[19h19m10    INFO ]   Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/lincityng=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/lincityng=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/lincityng"
[19h19m11 SUCCESS ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================
[19h19m11   START ]=== Starting the application (scripts/lincity-ng.sh ) ==============
[19h19m11    INFO ]   mkdir: cannot create directory `.lincity-ng': File exists
[19h19m12    INFO ]   fast = 9
[19h19m13   ERROR ]   : Unable to query for available configs.
[19h19m13   ERROR ]   : Unable to create GLES context!
[19h19m14   ERROR ]   : Unable to initialise EGL. See previous error.
[19h19m22    INFO ]   ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
[19h19m40    INFO ]   ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
[19h19m42    INFO ]   ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
[19h19m46    INFO ]   ALSA lib pcm.c:7234:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
[19h20m18    INFO ]   /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 387:  3089 Killed                  "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS
[19h20m18  FAILED ]=== Starting the application (scripts/lincity-ng.sh ) ==============
[19h20m19   START ]=== uMount the PND =================================================
[19h20m19    INFO ]   cleanup done
[19h20m19 SUCCESS ]=== uMount the PND =================================================
Return code is : 7

Ok, never had these crashes before. And not in the places you mentioned...
The errors say nothing unfortunately, as I am aware, that the opengles context is not working. Strange. Will have a look. Maybe I will rip out the gles stuff again, could make it more stable :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got OGLES working, but it is even more crashy. So i deactivated that again and don't try to create the EGL context at startup.
The crashes seems to be memoryrelated. Try running from minimenu or use a swapfile, if they occur often. Maybe you have some programs running in background like wbar or such?

Edit: Will update this evening.

Edit2: Who wants to experiment with the GLES can set Opengl to "yes" in the userconfig.xml file in the appdatafolder of lincityng. (Not recommended, as it is very crashy)

Edit3: Updated

Oh, just guessing, I run all my apps without anything in the background or from minimenu. If I don't have these crashes and when there is no obvious reason, I would say it could be memoryrelated. As Pandora has no swap, the programs will just crash, when they run out of memory ;)

Ok, there seems to be some crashing at the gamestart, when you don't chhose a scenario from the list.
Choose a scenario, then click start!

I could not test, if this is memoryrelated. But Maybe it crashes, when it has to generate a random map.
If anyone could test with a swapfile, that would be really nice.
Otherwise here is the source if someone wants to have a look at that: http://maheld.heckel-web.pharmchem.uni-frankfurt.de/lincityng-pandora.tar.bz2

Cool, I loved SimCity (2000) so I give Lincity-Ng a try, really looks promising. :)
Because I never played it before, it could help me to play it in my native language, is there a way to switch the game to german language or does this need a new compiling of the whole game?