Lets Talk About Stuff...

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
Yep im a new member to the gp32 zone.

I got into emulation shortly after i noticed money orders could be used on ebay!
I instantly bought myself a dreamcast and started playing sega genesis(my favourite), Snes, nes, etc... on it.

Then i went on search for some new emulators and such. I found myself a website with a game cube emulator running on a dreamcast and a GP32. I was so amazed untill i realized it was a scam. Then i started looking at some of those systems they had the fake emu on.

Came about to see the gp32 looked around and i just sent out a money order (thanks ebay!) to get my very own gp32 for $115 canadian!

Once i get it im going to start the gaming since i hate the slow emus they got on the bulky dreamcast (except for SEGAGEN which is warez *cough*). Possibly make my very own gp32 encoded anime website(maybe... dunno yet due to liscensed anime bs).

Im 16 turning 17 and have one question.

Can you use/format those USB drives (called sticks or something) on the gp32?

Thx and lets chat! heh

Drak posted on Mar 29 2005 at 08:53 PM said:
I got into emulation shortly after i noticed money orders could be used on ebay!
I instantly bought myself a dreamcast and started playing sega genesis(my favourite), Snes, nes, etc... on it.

do you get sound on dreamcast genesis emulastors???

sPaCe :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya it has sound and its not perfect in any game at all. But it is bareable hehe. Sometimes it has random beeps in it. But the emulation is at fullspeed which is good i guess.
Since its warez i cant tell u where to get it but i can tell u the name and u can google it if ur interested.. Oh i already said its called SEGAGEN.

Yeah, the sound on segagen is crap. Which dissapoints me because it was sega themselves who coded it... <_<
Its strange though, weve got a better genesis emu on gp32 than there currently is for Dreamcast...

Drak posted on Mar 30 2005 at 07:15 AM said:
Ya it has sound and its not perfect in any game at all. But it is bareable hehe. Sometimes it has random beeps in it. But the emulation is at fullspeed which is good i guess.
Since its warez i cant tell u where to get it but i can tell u the name and u can google it if ur interested.. Oh i already said its called SEGAGEN.

ok what did you do with twimfy you mother!

LHC posted on Mar 29 2005 at 01:28 PM said:
I just found it on piratebay; not that I'm interested.

Drak, you appear to love Sega, so you are going to be mightily impressed by Dr MD.

Yes i do, mostly sonic though heh. Dr Md hm.. i cant seem to get that working on my GeePe emulator. Oh well i hope it works on my gp32 im exspecting.

Heh got most of thier stuff just wanted to get a portable device to play them at school during class when im bored.

Ya it seems kind of peculiar that a 200mhz or so dreamcast has slower emulators then the gp32 which is like 160mhz or so. It probably has to do with popularity and compatibility.

frolik posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:10 PM said:
Drak posted on Mar 30 2005 at 07:15 AM said:

ok what did you do with twimfy you mother!

This scares me what do you mean? lol

LHC, don't take anything for granted. Reesy could get bored of programing tomorrow, or get really ill or something. The situation of our community could change everyday.

Drak posted on Mar 29 2005 at 11:45 PM said:

Drak, you appear to love Sega, so you are going to be mightily impressed by Dr MD.

Yes i do, mostly sonic though heh. Dr Md hm.. i cant seem to get that working on my GeePe emulator. Oh well i hope it works on my gp32 im exspecting.

Heh got most of thier stuff just wanted to get a portable device to play them at school during class when im bored.

Ya it seems kind of peculiar that a 200mhz or so dreamcast has slower emulators then the gp32 which is like 160mhz or so. It probably has to do with popularity and compatibility.
Its cause of optimisation and assembler code.

For Dr.MD you put your roms in /GPMM/GENESIS

PinkSpider posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:49 PM said:
Drak posted on Mar 29 2005 at 11:45 PM said:

Its cause of optimisation and assembler code.

For Dr.MD you put your roms in /GPMM/GENESIS

I dotn got my gp32 yet so ya.. heh. My emu says this message "SMC NOT INSERTED -Application tried to read 32 byte(s) from adress 0X00000000

Oh and can any1 answer me on the USB drive question it really intrigues me :huh:

currently there is no way to use USB sticks on our GP32s. There is GPlinux on which you can already mount USb devices, but you can't copy, move or delete files, yet. I'm not sure if it will ever have those feats.

Horscht posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:54 PM said:
currently there is no way to use USB sticks on our GP32s. There is GPlinux on which you can already mount USb devices, but you can't copy, move or delete files, yet. I'm not sure if it will ever have those feats.

Thx for the answer ihope in the future someone can get them to work.

Dr.Md is probably the first thing im going to try out once i get that piece. Im wondering... does the firmware already on it allow me to play Dr.Md? Cuz it says i have to flash my gp32 and it may cause it not to work...

(i won a old gp32 off ebay i think its called a FLU or something)

We'll see as your GP32 arrives. If you turn it on, and it has a white launcher you're ready to go. If it's a yellow launcher, you'll need freelauncher. Read in the faqs section on how to get it.

Back