Lets start making the helper gadgets

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
More constructively, it occurs to me that there are a lot of little widgets and applets out there already. Many are either already in Debian, or just a compile away.

Although there may be a few special Pyra gadgets to write, I suspect most of the work is in finding existing ones, and making them play nicely.

One gadget I would particularly like to see is a friendly game-control remapper. It isn't exactly obvious what the buttons and nubs should do. Mouse movement? Joysticks? Scrolling? PgUp/PgDn? Mouse buttons? It depends on the user, and you might well want to change it on the fly.

Such a tool should provide a menu of pre-set (or user-designed) configurations, and I imagine would be mostly a frontend to xmodmap. There are HID mapping utilities out there already, but I don't know if there are any that really suit our purpose.

theredbaron

Very Active Member
More constructively, it occurs to me that there are a lot of little widgets and applets out there already. Many are either already in Debian, or just a compile away.

Although there may be a few special Pyra gadgets to write, I suspect most of the work is in finding existing ones, and making them play nicely.

One gadget I would particularly like to see is a friendly game-control remapper. It isn't exactly obvious what the buttons and nubs should do. Mouse movement? Joysticks? Scrolling? PgUp/PgDn? Mouse buttons? It depends on the user, and you might well want to change it on the fly.

Such a tool should provide a menu of pre-set (or user-designed) configurations, and I imagine would be mostly a frontend to xmodmap. There are HID mapping utilities out there already, but I don't know if there are any that really suit our purpose.

Point. [Here](https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets/view/95) is a nice shutdown timer applet.

For gaming controls mapping, I use antimicrox. Works pretty good on my desktop at least. It gives you a mice front end, of which you can build out a sdl2 config.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

F_Slim

IDDQD
What desktop does the Pyra ship with? I assume GNOME?
Can Cinnamon widgets be integrated nicely in GNOME?

(I settled with KDE at some point)

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
What desktop does the Pyra ship with? I assume GNOME?
Can Cinnamon widgets be integrated nicely in GNOME?

(I settled with KDE at some point)
I thought it was XFCE. Both Gnome and (especially) KDE are resource heavy in comparison.

Old link: