Let Us Use The Old Design

It's not that I hate the new style , I thought I liked the older one better at first , but may get accustomed to and like it after few days I believe. Maybe a few skins (or color schemes) could be a option later I don't know ;)

By the way why are some people's avatars (including me :blink: ) are missing ?

Wow, it is you Alghazanth, I didn't recognize you without your avatar. :blink:

Maybe it had to do with the way some members added it to the board? Like, if it was uploaded it got lost on the upgrade? Eh... no, wait... mine was uploaded... or not? I don't remember, let me check.

Squidge said:
Dunny said:
It's not width I need, it's height! Exactly half of my display is taken up by banner crap that I will never use. This is in Chrome - in firefox it's even worse. And that's at 800px screen height,
Try pressing F11 or whatever you have mapped to the full screen key. That'll give you more space. I don't know about the 'banner crap', but you can normally scroll that off the screen.

Why should I be forced to scroll? Ditto being forced to hit F11 solely for browsing this site - which means if I want to navigate away using a bookmark, I have to hit F11 again just to get my UI back.

Priceless bit of design there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just going to start a new thread before I saw this one, thank god I'm not the only one who hates the new design. The change can't come soon enough, it's to light and hard to read headings.........it's slow too. Moan over!

Once the forum software has been out a bit longer there will be many skins to choose from, in fact Invision recently held a competition to design new skins. The new skin does take a bit of getting used to but I have been using it for a few weeks on my test server and I have got used to it now. Give it a couple of weeks and see how you feel about it then.

Also, the new forum software can easily add User Agents and display a certain skin for it. For example if you view the site on a mobile device it will display an improved Lo-Fi skin. The same could be done for the Pandora so it could fit the screen better, less resource hogging etc.

Dunny said:
Why should I be forced to scroll? Ditto being forced to hit F11 solely for browsing this site - which means if I want to navigate away using a bookmark, I have to hit F11 again just to get my UI back.
Your not being forced, but on a device which has a limited resolution, full screen is a very useful function. I use it on my own netbook as I find the ui wastes a lot of space that can otherwise be used for more practical material, such as the website you are viewing. You don't normally have to hit F11 again to get your ui back - just move your mouse pointer towards the top, and a compact ui will be presented for going to different websites. It's much better than having the ui always there when your resolution is restricted. If you don't want to scroll and use Firefox you can use a user css override to reduce space. You'll probably ask why you should have to do that, and its because you are using a resolution restricted display and such displays are in the minority rather than majority. The site has to support the majority.

For me it's also much too large, hope they add themes soon and include "classic" theme or something like that.

Squidge said:
The old board is no longer supported, so any found security holes will not be fixed. So the old board software had to go to make way for the newer software and support/updates.
Not true, they're still supporting 2.3.x:
http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/286168-invision-power-board-3-0-0-and-applications-released/page__view__findpost__p__1814612

Back