Let it be known that I am now starting a pool for a Final Burn Alpha port

...throw a few pennies into an opensource community and it starts to burn...

I don't like this whole money - thing. Competitions yes, but this way just leads to the obvious.

...throw a few pennies into an opensource community and it starts to burn...

I don't like this whole money - thing. Competitions yes, but this way just leads to the obvious.
Bounty work in the open-source world.

This one is well defined and I trust BP to pay it once he get the software within the definition.

The issue is when the pennies dont show up when it should (as offered)

Here is a totally off the wall idea. Paid content! How about a developer is allowed to charge a measly sum for the applications they write? I'm not saying that every application should be paid, just some of them. OPT could even take a slice of the income. I know it's a radical and untested idea but something tells me it just may work ;P

I'll pay, no doubt about that. Might I haggle a wee bit, depending on the circumstances? Perhaps. But I will pay in the end.

Here is a totally off the wall idea. Paid content! How about a developer is allowed to charge a measly sum for the applications they write? I'm not saying that every application should be paid, just some of them. OPT could even take a slice of the income. I know it's a radical and untested idea but something tells me it just may work ;P
SUCCESS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, a better example would be 8-Bit Funding.

Also, if you're haggling, it better only be with the amount you put up or things will get sticky quick.

would need restricting to original works only, ports of someone elses games/emulators wouldn't be right, even if it is within the license

If this is to go ahead and achieve a satisfactory conclusion (for as many as possible) can we try and reach a consensus on what MUST be included by any potential porter.

My request would be to include (if technically possible of course) the shaders 4xSoft-HD etc included in the PS3 build (FBAnext) & (i know this is a longshot.. but anyway) CPS3 support.

Good point. I think we should agree on what MUST be done. I'll comb the thread for other posts, see what people think.

Here's a recap of past opinions.

The quotes below are for both explicit requests and implied requests.

*Latest version (Source is available here.)
*Scaling options similar to those of MAME4ALL

*A usable interface

*Basic things configurable (controls, mainly)

*Nubs!

*A green on the scale used on Pandora Wiki

Just keep in mind that considering the money we've got on this, splurging in requests might not be such a bad idea.

Horray! Yes FBA so I can play all the campcom games. on the gp2x it would play the entire Street Fighter Zero catalogue and almost ran SF3 and SF-EX

So if i can get those on my panda i'll pay AU$20

I'm in, a certified vertical shooter loon resides here - i would be more than happy to contribute £25 to the cause.

What I'd like to see is good playability @ 500 MHz, with some games (hopefully SF3) playable with overclocking. I have no idea if this is asking too much, just giving my opinion.

i'm all for compatibility, if oc'ing is required, then be it!

I'm not ponying up, but thought some ideas might help. Here are some possible ideas:

• Specific games you want to work
  • A specific playability speed for certain games might be wise
  • Emulator running at a playable speed without overclocking
  • Perhaps using a specific interface or launcher (though with command-line, we could use any gui launcher, I imagine)
  • Using Pandoras native controls (including nubs?)
  • Support for external joysticks
  • Open source, or source available upon request

wouldn't it be nice to have four usb gamepads at once? btw, does current MAMEs support it?

• Emulator running at a playable speed without overclocking

Actually, I'd make that one 'running at a playable speed without overclocking to more than X', simply because it may not turn out to be playable at that speed no matter how well it is coded. Case in point: MuPen 64, for which most games require OC'ing to at least 800. Yes, this is not the '64, but hopefully you still see my point.

I would like a good GUI and 80-90% of games to work without overclocking above 800MHz

If this is to go ahead and achieve a satisfactory conclusion (for as many as possible) can we try and reach a consensus on what MUST be included by any potential porter.

My request would be to include (if technically possible of course) the shaders 4xSoft-HD etc included in the PS3 build (FBAnext) & (i know this is a longshot.. but anyway) CPS3 support.

i will donate 10 dollars if i can be provided with exact instructions on how to use this.

Money for emus is always a bad idea =/

What about the people that put in hard work on something else? Do they either do projects behind the scenes and wait for someone to offer a bounty? Or do they not bother at all until a bounty comes up? What happens if one dev gets it working 70 percent and another picks it up to a 100?

A better plan would be to find some devs you appreciate the work of and chuck them a few quid as donations then put a request in the request page for FBA

Devs dont feel they are forced to work for money and it means they can do the first 10 percent upload and let others have a try.

Jus' saying.

20 bones (u.s.)

*above all else high cps1, cps2, and neo-geo rom compatibility.

*cps3

*netplay

*cheats

*save states

*external controls specifically trackballs n spinners

*roms sorted by system

*allow "gamename".txt to be displayed on the pause screen for moves lists, walkthroughs, etc. or some similar implementation

*a brief description of what each option does trailing after the option for the pause and settings menues

Money for emus is always a bad idea =/

What about the people that put in hard work on something else? Do they either do projects behind the scenes and wait for someone to offer a bounty? Or do they not bother at all until a bounty comes up? What happens if one dev gets it working 70 percent and another picks it up to a 100?

A better plan would be to find some devs you appreciate the work of and chuck them a few quid as donations then put a request in the request page for FBA

Devs dont feel they are forced to work for money and it means they can do the first 10 percent upload and let others have a try.

Jus' saying.

personally i'd give 80% of the cash to the original developer, instead of being paid for someone elses hard work. bounties should be used for either really complicated ports (not something as 'simple' as an emulator, or original creations only.

this thread is just getting ridiculous...20 of my great british pounds if it prints money

Back