Lemonboy2X Updated

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Pickle just released an update of Lemonboy2x, a GameBoy / GameBoy Color-Emulator for the WIZ.

It has a few bug fixes, but the main thing everybody has been waiting for: Sound is now working properly and crystal clear!
The only missing thing is a tearing fix, but apart from that, the emulator is working really well now.

Download: Lemonboy2x
Download: Lemonboy2x Sourcecode

EvilDragon said:
The only missing thing is a tearing fix, but apart from that, the emulator is working really well now.

tearing is now fixed, once the archive has been updated again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
EvilDragon said:

Thank you so much, Pickle. You are our hero!

.... AND another update :)
Tearing fix implemented, now it's hardly noticeable! :)

EDIT: Whoops, haven't seen Pickles Post :)

Pickle said:
EvilDragon said:

The screen has been rotated or has been pollux set integrated? Thank you for all the good work. :)

Rivroner said:
The screen has been rotated or has been pollux set integrated? Thank you for all the good work. :)

Looks like pollux integrated since the tearing sometimes is visible... though it's really rare and hard to find :D

Last edited:
Do this fix is needed for old gp2x's user ?

Thanks for your hard works !

paxl13

The Sound is so Amazing :) thank you for your great work.
One thing i dont understand but maybe iam stupid, on "Scale2x deformed" are the picture full in the Screen and by "deformed double Size" are the picture on the upside and downside pressed in the screen.

Awesome! Thanks for the update! I was just thinking about trying some of my old GBC games again the other day but i'd rather play them on the Wiz with a much better screen. :)

Thanks for this---it works a lot better, but for the next version can I pick my own folder for my roms and have the emu remember which folder I picked. I like to keep all my roms in /sd/roms/, not spread all over in the game folders.

Pickle said:
EvilDragon said:

Pickle, I am tickled! Thank you, coding messiah!

Great work, thanks a lot! Sound quality is now excellent. However there's some slightly noticeable lag, no big deal for platformers or action games, but it makes playing Beatmania or Pop'n Music very hard.

Segata said:
Great work, thanks a lot! Sound quality is now excellent. However there's some slightly noticeable lag, no big deal for platformers or action games, but it makes playing Beatmania or Pop'n Music very hard.

Sorry, that was me, I forgot I had this older account. Feel free to delete that post or merge it with this one or leave it like it is :)

Thanks pickle, thumbs up! You are releasing so many great ports, and the GameBoy emu is one of my primary reasons for owning the wiz.
Makes me feel bad about beeing so slow with my one silly game... :p

Glad everyone is enjoying this version.

Sound was improved by taking sound.c and the sdl sound portion from gnuboy. I applied a conversion from 8 bit to 16 bit into the buffer. This fixed sound for the most part except for a bit of static. This was removed by setting the SDL sample counts to 4096. This has the side effect of a delay, which some have noticed.
The tearing was improved by updating to the latest wizlib code from mame. The screen refresh rate is set internally (pollux settings).

Rom location can be changed in the config file.

Great work. I just downloaded the newest version from the archive. Everything I tried looks, runs and sounds great. I have one problem though the app keeps locking up my Wiz on exit. If I just start the emulator and quit right away it seems to return me to the menu no problem but if I try to exit after playing any ROM it freezes to a black screen when I try to exit the emulator. Has anybody else experienced this?

MiOdd said:
Great work. I just downloaded the newest version from the archive. Everything I tried looks, runs and sounds great. I have one problem though the app keeps locking up my Wiz on exit. If I just start the emulator and quit right away it seems to return me to the menu no problem but if I try to exit after playing any ROM it freezes to a black screen when I try to exit the emulator. Has anybody else experienced this?

Stink! I had fixed that before, must have come back when I added the new wizlib code. Ill take a look...
(menu is loading, its just the screen isnt released nicely so it only shows black)

Update:
ok, the bug is fixed, forgot some code I used to have in wizlib to keep the screen from reinit'ing.
archives will be updated in a min

Woo! Didn't expect a fix that quick. You're the best! Works good now.

-EDIT-
btw, I found anther somewhat insignificant glitch. When you go into the options and turn sound off the Wiz freezes upon returning to the game.

and another question, with the old version that had the vsync clock I was able to make games run faster than normal, I've kinda grown accustomed to playing my platformers in a faux turbo mode of sorts, haha. Is there any way to achieve that extra speed once more? I see the clock speed defaults at 550mhz but there is no higher setting.

Thank you for the great job Pickle, the sound is almost perfect (i don´t play music games.Anyway the delay is like 500 ms , not a problem :) ), even digitalized voices are working very well. :)

Do you think in the near future you will release a version with the screen rotated? Now, the diagonal tearing is hidden alot but it is still there and you can see it more frequently than is PocketSnes for example, due to the color pallette of the GB.

I like a lot Interpolation mode, is the best for me right now but it would be great to have the Fullscreen aspect Ratio mode we have in GP2X Lemonboy. :)

People out there i recommend you to use Interpolation, for GB games to use Dark Green, Contrasted or Grey palette, and for GBC games try Colorfull palette, you have never seen a GBC game with this beautiful contrasted colors.GBC games now seems like a 16 bits game. :)

Thanks for the work Pickle. :)

Back