Lemonboy (Super/color Gameboy Emu)

The same vsync clock should be needed for all types of games monochrome or color. If the the framerate drops with any game then you need to clock higher.

chickendung said:
Pickle said:
chickendung said:
Is there no chance of making gngb into a gpe file? :(

Yes i said before you could write bash scripts for each rom.
A tutorial for that would be nice. I lack code skills.
I have about 2000 ROMs, that is allot of scripts :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
chickendung said:
Pickle said:
chickendung said:
Is there no chance of making gngb into a gpe file? :(

Yes i said before you could write bash scripts for each rom.
A tutorial for that would be nice. I lack code skills.
I have about 2000 ROMs, that is allot of scripts :blink:

I wonder which you can do faster: Write 2000 scripts or code a gui?
tongue.gif

Code:
 #!/bin/sh

./gngb /mnt/sd/path/to/my/roms/myrom

cd /usr/gp2x/
 ./gp2xmenu

Pickle said:
tongue.gif

Code:
 #!/bin/sh

cd /usr/gp2x/
 ./gp2xmenu

Since I can't code a byte I suppose the 2000 scripts would be faster. Of course at this point it would be faster to dig out my old GP32 which has a perfect GB/GBC emu.

Pickle said:
tongue.gif

Code:
 #!/bin/sh

cd /usr/gp2x/
 ./gp2xmenu

Hey Pickle, thanks for the sample batch code. I opened a UNIX-compatible text file and inserted that text into it. I then edited the "/mnt/sd/path/to/my/roms/myrom" portion to the path of my gameboy color rom. I also included gngb in the root of my sd card. I then placed the txt file on my sd card and changed it to a gpe file. I then launched the gpe file from the "launcher" and the screen says "loading" and then exits back to the Wiz menu. Am I doing something wrong?

punkrockserfer said:
Pickle said:
tongue.gif

Code:
  #!/bin/sh

cd /usr/gp2x/
  ./gp2xmenu

Hey Pickle, thanks for the sample batch code. I opened a UNIX-compatible text file and inserted that text into it. I then edited the "/mnt/sd/path/to/my/roms/myrom" portion to the path of my gameboy color rom. I also included gngb in the root of my sd card. I then placed the txt file on my sd card and changed it to a gpe file. I then launched the gpe file from the "launcher" and the screen says "loading" and then exits back to the Wiz menu. Am I doing something wrong?

gngb can be anywhere just make sure this script is with it in the same folder it should work

Pickle said:
punkrockserfer said:
Pickle said:
tongue.gif

Code:
  #!/bin/sh

cd /usr/gp2x/
  ./gp2xmenu

gngb can be anywhere just make sure this script is with it in the same folder it should work

Hmm, I just tried it again. I now have gngb, the rom I want to play, AND the script in the same folder. The script also points to the new location of the rom. But when I try to run it I STILL get an error... Do I need to have gmenu installed even if I'm using this script? What am I doing wrong!? lol

EDIT: nvm. I recopied gngb and renamed both the folder and my files so that none had spaces or capital letters, and now it runs. Thanks pickle.

Hey Pickle or Juanvvc,

Do either of you plan on continuing to work on lemonboy (or perhaps another GB/C emulator)? Or are either of you currently still working on one?

I only ask because I know a port of lemonboy was released in the file archive and I wasn't sure if that was the end of it. As it stands now, Pokemon Gold and the Trading Card Game are unplayable. The graphical glitches make text cut off at awkward spots.

I was attempting to use gngb for now (because it displays pokemon gold correctly) but the savestates are erratic. I got a decent amount in to the game and when I attempted to load a savestate, they were all gone. And as for visualboyadvance, there is no menu (that I can find) so it appears saves are unsupported.

Any plans to dev-ing gbc emulation guys?

punkrockserfer said:
Do either of you plan on continuing to work on lemonboy (or perhaps another GB/C emulator)? Or are either of you currently still working on one?
I may continue to work on the emulator itself, but not on any emulation aspects of it. I really have no knowledge on the emulation portions at this point. Juanvvc is working super game boy support I cant speak though that he would work on any specific game issues.

punkrockserfer said:
As it stands now, Pokemon Gold and the Trading Card Game are unplayable. The graphical glitches make text cut off at awkward spots.

The main reason of the new version of lemonboy was that I wanted to play Pokemon Gold and I couldn't due to the lack of RTC support :D I'm currently playing Pokemon Gold (Spanish version), so it is now working right. But you need to switch off the SGB support. I didn't check the Trading Card Game, but it may be the same problem. In fact, SGB just doesn't work and I think that you must switch it off in any game after you save the custom border (if you want to)

So: Will I continue working on lemonboy? I'll try to solve the SGB problem during this summer. Will I solve issues on specific games? Only if I'm really interested in playing these games. Keep in mind that this is mainly a personal project because I love Gameboy and I never got used to the weird interface of Gnuboy2x. But I want to play Gameboy games, not to code.

You can explain how terrific your loved game is and where it is failing, and if you are convincing enough I'll look into it. Switch SGB off before any bug report :)

juanvvc said:
punkrockserfer said:
As it stands now, Pokemon Gold and the Trading Card Game are unplayable. The graphical glitches make text cut off at awkward spots.

The main reason of the new version of lemonboy was that I wanted to play Pokemon Gold and I couldn't due to the lack of RTC support :D I'm currently playing Pokemon Gold (Spanish version), so it is now working right. But you need to switch off the SGB support. I didn't check the Trading Card Game, but it may be the same problem. In fact, SGB just doesn't work and I think that you must switch it off in any game after you save the custom border (if you want to)

So: Will I continue working on lemonboy? I'll try to solve the SGB problem during this summer. Will I solve issues on specific games? Only if I'm really interested in playing these games. Keep in mind that this is mainly a personal project because I love Gameboy and I never got used to the weird interface of Gnuboy2x. But I want to play Gameboy games, not to code.

You can explain how terrific your loved game is and where it is failing, and if you are convincing enough I'll look into it. Switch SGB off before any bug report :)

Hey cool! Thanks juanvvc. You're right, Pokemon gold does work now. The Trading Card Game displays better now, but crashes when you enter your name after starting a new game... :( Magi Nation also appears to work great as well! The only other game I really care about that doesn't seem to work right now is Survival Kids. That game was epic...

punkrockserfer said:
* The Trading Card Game displays better now, but crashes when you enter your name after starting a new game...
* The only other game I really care about that doesn't seem to work right now is Survival Kids. That game was epic...

On my check list. Thanks!

BTW: sorry for my bad English :D D'you mean that Survival Kids is not working at the time being or that it is working but not fine? If it is the last case, could you be more specific?

juanvvc said:
On my check list. Thanks!

BTW: sorry for my bad English :D D'you mean that Survival Kids is not working at the time being or that it is working but not fine? If it is the last case, could you be more specific?

Cool that's nice of you to look into the Trading Card Game. As for Survival Kids, I don't know why I wrote that to be honest. It was VERY late at night and I must have been mistaken when I wrote that Survival Kids doesn't work. I tried it today and it works perfect. Great job with the emulator man!

Oh and btw, you're english is excellent for a non-native speaker. I wish I were that fluent at spanish and japanese. As it is, I can barely make conversation... :/ Anyway, thanks for all the hard work!

punkrockserfer said:
and btw, you're english is excellent for a non-native speaker.

My job involves writing and speaking lots of English, but I'd love to have better language skills. Anyway, my apologies were to ask for clarification because "Survival Kids doesn't seem to work right now" can be interpreted both ways, "it does not work at all, and it did" and "it works, but not fine". Right?

juanvvc said:
punkrockserfer said:
and btw, you're english is excellent for a non-native speaker.

My job involves writing and speaking lots of English, but I'd love to have better language skills. Anyway, my apologies were to ask for clarification because "Survival Kids doesn't seem to work right now" can be interpreted both ways, "it does not work at all, and it did" and "it works, but not fine". Right?

Um, sorry I'm kind of confused what your asking there... haha :huh:

Back