Legal Movies for Moviepark

abbibi

Website
www.portablesofdoom.org
Here, for your viewing pleasure, is the STAR WARS Holiday Special! Yayyyyy!!!

STAR WARS Holiday Special, optimized for the GP32

I know what you're thinking, "Why would you make such a piece of crap available to the general public? A movie so bad, it puts Bad Taste, Dead Alive, and Plan Nine from Outer Space completely to shame!" I'll tell you why: I am a cruel, vicious bastard.

I am happy to host any other films that AREN'T illegal. And in case you are wondering, there is indeed a copyright for the Holiday Special, but George Lucas would have to acknowlege the film's existence first. And he's been trying pretend this film doesn't exist for the past 25 years! :lol:

abbibi
thanks for your effort

Filmspeed said it is offering several titles for download, including "The Chinese Connection," starring Bruce Lee; "A Christmas Carol," starring Alastair Sim as Scrooge, and the silent horror film "Nosferatu." Other available titles are "Dracula 2000," "Charlie's Angels" and "Little Nicky."

i would like to hear from anyone who have links on movies
esp for gp

:lol:

Angrypants, you're just saying that because the holiday special is the first appearance of Boba Fett.

That is an interesting alternative, henrykong. If only GP32 users could get a group account!

If anyone has any movies they can legally share, I would be happy to host them. Email me.

++EDIT++

I said "happy to host" twice. creepy.

If anyone has any movies they can legally share, I would be happy to host them.
Would episodes of Invader Zim, pre-encoded of course, qualify as 'legal'? And how might one get them to you? (being on dialup, I can't make any promises...)

Would be recorded things on TV (including commercials) be legal? Unless it is pay TV, wouldn't it be legal to distribute it WITH commercials?

I'm sorry, but Invader Zim and TV episodes with commercials are not legal. Commercials ARE (why would a company stop free advertizing?), as are freely distributed net films. There are some funny indie starwars films at TheForce.net that could be easily converted to GP32 format.

There are a few commercial (read professional) movies that are public domain. RetroFilm sells them, but they also provide a list of public domain films. I would be happy to host any of these films.
RetroFilm
public domain Movie Archive

invader zim is soooooo freaken cooool ;)
harvey birdman atourney (sorry if i misspelled that) at law is REALLY funny.

edit:
wasn't invader zim taken off because it was too demented? but then put back on?

I have all English dubbed episodes of Final Fantasy Unlimited which have been licensed by the translators to give away for free (only until an OFFICIAL version of FFU comes out).
I guess that would be legal :)
Any interest?

As much as I support fansubs, and the right to freely distribute them, they legally fall into a grey area. I really would like to set up a database of films for the GP32. But it won't stay up long if I start hosting movies that break copyright laws, even if those copyright laws don't extend outside of japan.

The nice thing about animes, though, is that they have a lot of episodes. If you can get permission from an anime company to "give away" one episode from a series, then I will gladly host that episode. I vaguely remember someone doing that once.

Well, according to the translators it HAS been licensed, so they ASKED the company...
But i'll ask them for myself, would be nice if it is the truth :)

So the company owning the liscense is allowing the fansub to be distributed until it's professionally released?
Yep, that's what they say on their (the translators) homepage.
I'm going to ask the company if that's true.

Just go to http://www.soldats.net/ and click on Projects :)

It's very unlikely that an official english version comes around, as it wasn't very
popular in Japan (although I like it :))

Last edited:
EvilDragon, I don't think that's what they mean, they are no longer making the translation available, now that it's been licensed. They still list having fansubbed it, though.

I've added two music videos emailed to me to the GP32 Theatre page.

Hi,

Just encoded my first movie. Audio is not perfect cause my source file had a mono divxaudio stream. Nevertheless i hope u guys like it.

About being legal:
No idea. It's a TV capture of a ibiza hit i made with my sucky tvcard some years ago. (who cares?)
I'll remove the link if a mod feels it's illegal. When that happens just mail me to get this file.

Johnny Corporate - Sunday Shoutin

Back