Lcd Inverter Component

Steve-O

Ok, I have a Dell E 152/153fpc LCD Monitor but the Backlight Inverter has blowen on it. Does anyone have one or have a damaged Dell LCD Screen which has one? heres a pic -

thanks

Ok, working on the same issue. How did you get the back off? I cannot seem to get past the lock

I had to do this on my sony laptop a few years ago, aswell as replace the entire screen a few years before that...:(

It sounds obvious, but are you pulling the catch back when trying to separate the two pieces? Looking at my laptop that's the only thing that could have gotten in the way, although I remember having to be brave and quite forceful the first time I opened it up.

Hope you get it sorted.

Bramrash said:
I remember having to be brave and quite forceful the first time I opened it up.

Hope you get it sorted.
just what I needed to hear. This way if it broke I could tall my wife it's your fault :p It worked Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you already try to Google the number? Here's some interesting Engrish about the coil. Most interesting is that it's a Lenovo part (could make searching easier), it has 4 outputs and the coil seems to be burned when it dies.

You could try Mouser or Farnell or maybe eBay. On eBay you might be able to find the complete inverter, or maybe one for a slightly different monitor which uses the same coil.

Back