Launch Nand App From Enexfi?

DanSolo

Still Fresh
I autorun into enexfi, but I can't then start any apps in the firmware, such as the picture viewer or especially the video player (mp2x seems to skip frames at high resolution, though it does stay in synch at 240mhz). Is there any way to make shortcuts to these, and maybe even run them at 240mhz too? Maybe enexfi wound need nand support for it.
Ta all.

Or an alternative... could I install the firmware Movie Player to the SD? "Media Player Selector for GP2X" has a 2.0 installer I might be able to alter to install to the SD instead on the nand. Here's what in the installer file:

#!/bin/sh
rm -f /usr/gp2x/mplayer
cp -f ./mplayer200 /usr/gp2x/mplayer
sync
cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu

Would this work?

#!/bin/sh
rm -f sd/gp2x/mplayer
cp -f ./mplayer200 /usr/gp2x/mplayer

Hi,
Enexfi is be able to explore NAND.
The problem is GPH version of MPlayer doesnt support standard MPlayer command line thats why I havent associate movies files and for the picture viewer I dont know if some command lines exist ?!

Hi,
Enexfi is be able to explore NAND.
The problem is GPH version of MPlayer doesnt support standard MPlayer command line thats why I havent associate movies files and for the picture viewer I dont know if some command lines exist ?!

Thanks, I must be doing something wrong then because I can't go "up" a folder from the SD. Is there a different way to switch to Nand memory? A lot of GP2X applications don't seem to accept arguments, so it's understandable you can't run movies directly from Enexfi. I tried this with GP2X-Vtex (my favourite text viewer) under Enexfi too, and it doesn't do it.
Anyways, for my 2 cents, it's the best interface around. Call be a philistine, but I just don't like icons much, no matter how pretty they are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you didnt do something wrong, by default I cant give the access to the NAND to protect the newbies :)
You need to do a manual modification in enexfi.ini to autorise enexfi to go up and explore/move/delete/rename... all you want in the nand.
version: normal = no nand access
version: nand_access = nand acces

That s all ;)

Well, you didnt do something wrong, by default I cant give the access to the NAND to protect the newbies :)
You need to do a manual modification in enexfi.ini to autorise enexfi to go up and explore/move/delete/rename... all you want in the nand.
version: normal = no nand access
version: nand_access = nand acces

That s all ;)

Thanks for that, but I still can't open the built in MPlayer. I guess it's buried in the firmware where I can't reach. I'll have to try to install it on the SD or in the accessible Nand memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back