GP2X New Experimental Open2x Libpack

Orkie

Super Duper Mega GP Mania
Website
www.gp2x.dev
I've updated the previous libpack and it has a few libraries that have been updated since last time. Still not had chance to get mikmod working with SDL_mixer properly but other than that, this should work fine (the previous pack was missing some files so you needed an older one to extract over, but this one is fully self contained).

libbz2, 1.0.4 -> 1.0.5
libiconv, 1.11 -> 1.12
libpng, 1.2.23 -> 1.2.25
readline, 5.1 -> 5.2
libxml2, 2.6.31 -> 2.6.31
SDL_gfx, 2.0.15 -> 2.0.16 (it has the same version numbers where they appear in filenames as 2.0.15 since the 2.0.16 build system doesn't like cross compiling so I stole the old one)

These are pretty much untested, so I'd appreciate any feedback. Simply extract to your toolchain directory (Open2x toolchain and devkitGP2X should both work fine). Both static and dynamic libraries are included for everything besides ncurses which doesn't seem to want to compile a dynamic lib on a cross compiler.

Download here (12.6MB)

PS: Don't forget to set up the Open2x Makefiles if you use our toolchain.

JeanLouSchmidt said:
I'm not a developer, so no tests for me, sorry...

What about a public release of open2X ?
When it is ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
JeanLouSchmidt said:
What about a public release of open2X ?
As yaustar says. I have been doing some more work on it the past few days though and I think I may have solved the bad block problem, have merged the filesystem and user partitions into one, got SD automounting working properly with any supported filesystem, added a few new libraries, integrated GP2X11/GP2Xpdf and fixed USB joysticks. I don't think that's too bad :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey orkie. Thought i'd give a report here as well as on IRC.

Static linking with the new libraries won't let SDL open a display anymore.
CODE

screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(settings.width, settings.height, 16, SDL_RESIZABLE);

returns null
SDL_FULLSCREEN wont work either.

The old libraries work fine.

Back