Last Post (i Swear) About The Gpsp

maj_hassel

Still Fresh
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me get to the point I'm at now...happily playing Advanced Wars on my couch and completely wasting the day. B)

Apart from the oft-reported sound glitches (Advanced Wars is fine if you turn off the music--I'd have turned it off anyway) the GPSP runs great, and much faster than a previous emulator I had loaded.

My only problem is the persistent fps count which is always flickering away in the top left corner of the screen.

I'm guessing that the option to turn it off is in the cheats/miscellaneous options, but whenever I select that menu the unit locks up.

Should I try a fresh install of the emu?

Is there a config file that I can edit with a text editor to turn off the fps count?

I suppose I could live with it but I'm sure there's a simple fix.

Thanks again to all who have helped me so far. If there's anything I can do--short of hosting roms--LMK.

Here is a link to the new version, Gpsp V9008.

Also, I refer you to this post by ZodTTD (ignore that it refers to v9007, it doesn't make a difference):

zodttd posted on Mar 16 2007 at 11:12 AM said:
I realised why some of you might be having issues with v9007...It's a big oops as I forgot to mention:

I did not include the gpsp.cfg in v9007. If upgrading from any previous version, I suggest doing EITHER of the following:
- Remove gpsp.cfg then run gpSP2X. It will create a gpsp.cfg with the proper default settings.
- Or you may just set the default settings globally by doing the following:
1. Run gpSP2X and once in the file menu press Y.
2. Enter the following Graphics and Sound settings:
Frameskip Type: Auto
Frameskip Value: 2
Audio Buffersize: 2048
3. Run a game. If you have a per-game configuration it will use those settings, so be sure to reset per-game settings either by deleting the [rom-filename].cfg file or setting the above default settings for the game after loading it.

The above will probably clear up the "how to set global settings for all games" question too. :)

If you don't use the default settings above, you can very well encounter VERY stuttery gameplay and sound! Especially due to autoframeskip only works well with a max value of 2 or 3.

If your sound is stuttery, you may have to increase frameskip. Also be sure to set frameskip type to manual, as it is the most efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back