Larger Model Possibility?

Ganon35

Still Fresh
     I have been looking at the Pyra for a while, and the main thing that has been keeping me from getting really excited for it is its size.  The Nintendo DS always seemed a bit to small for me as I have slightly large hands.  If there were a larger model of the Pyra, like, 3DS XL size, it would benefit from being more comfortable and having a larger screen, which would be great for the desktop mode and for gameplay.  Anyway, just a thought and I think it would be more attractive for people who have larger hands or prefer the larger screen.  Thanks.

like, 3DS XL size
3DS xl: 156 x 93 x 22 mmPandora: 140 × 84 × 29 mm

The Pandora is already almost the same size as the 3DS xl, and the Pyra is slated to be slightly bigger. As for the screen, it's either going to have a 5 or a 5.2 inch, compared to the 3DS xl's 4.2 inch.

The Pandora is almost as large as feasible to fit in a pocket, making it noticeably larger removes that as a major feature. I can't actually speak for EvilDragon but I'm fairly certain that you don't actually know what you want and will be more than pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the size will be, at least if it follows directly from the Pandora.

yeah i was gonna say, isnt the pyra screen supposed to be bigger than 3ds xl?

Well, should have looked that up first then.  feel kinda dumb.  Thanks for the information though!

I have been looking at the Pyra for a while, and the main thing that has been keeping me from getting really excited for it is its size.  The Nintendo DS always seemed a bit to small for me as I have slightly large hands.  If there were a larger model of the Pyra, like, 3DS XL size, it would benefit from being more comfortable and having a larger screen, which would be great for the desktop mode and for gameplay.  Anyway, just a thought and I think it would be more attractive for people who have larger hands or prefer the larger screen.  Thanks.
The 3ds is a lot slimmer than the Pandora.

So the Pandora is good for bigger hands as well.

Welcome to the boards Ganon35.

I'd like to see the option of a removable grip for Pyra that would make it more comfortable to use for extended handheld sessions. Something like this.

Having large hands I've found that such a grip for NDS & PSP makes the device a lot more comfortable to use.

I'd like to see the option of a removable grip for Pyra that would make it more comfortable to use for extended handheld sessions. Something like this.

Having large hands I've found that such a grip for NDS & PSP makes the device a lot more comfortable to use.
I'd buy that for my Pandora even!

Is anyone making/printing those? :D

OT:

With Pandora dimensions being 140.29 × 83.48 × 29.25 mm and the old style Nintendo DS being 148.7 × 84,7 × 28,9 mm, maybe there's a grip for the old-skool DS that will fit the Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
When all the screens have been screened for suitability, and with the first screening of the Pyra, we will have the screen we need. Screen, screen, screen...

I'd buy that for my Pandora even!

Is anyone making/printing those? :D

OT:

With Pandora dimensions being 140.29 × 83.48 × 29.25 mm and the old style Nintendo DS being 148.7 × 84,7 × 28,9 mm, maybe there's a grip for the old-skool DS that will fit the Pandora?
This one looks nice but not sure if it fits the pandora perfectly...

Well, guess what?  I've just ordered one to try.  If it doesn't fit, I'll use it for my 3DS :)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah then you use the stick to get the bee hive, but you could just look it up on gamefaqs.  Anyway, thanks fo the info.

Pretty sure a larger Pyra loses any advantage of the pyra....,

Back