Kvm For Gp32

ReVaX: my actual kvm is a simple CLDC 1.0 reference implementaton. cldc 1.1 api
the main difference between 1.0 and 1.1 is the add of Float, Double and Math class, wich arent implement im my port
you have no user input, and the only output is System.out (sorry)
(this is the next step, an MIDP 2.0 implementation, with gaphics, sound and user input)
but could you try as much as possible differents class and their behaviours
thank you

damaki: well there is some native calls ofcourse (for .jar i/o) but some features are missing in the actual Mr Mirko sdk (Timers and a GetTick())

Hi!

Do you think with implementation of MIDP 1.0 it will be possible to play handy games or port small java games very easily?

Lord

Isn't MIDP 2.0 compatible to MIDP 1.0?
I know my Handy (Motorola V600) has MIDP 2.0 implemented, and it still runs some MIDP 1.0 games...

By native method I mean methods codec in C embedded in java code too :)
ie: System.out.prinln() make calls to putchar(char c) wich is a native function
and MIDP will use alot of nativ calls (for sound and gfx)

no applet, ever, there is no swing/awt in J2ME

Lord: this is the goal of this project ofcourse

EvilDragon : all MIDP 1.0 is included in MIDP 2.0 api.
damaki : KVM provides KNI which is a stripped-down version of JNI (Java Native Interface).

no, not at its current state, some heavy code reforge need to be done to make it runs on MIDP 2.0
with this kvm (once MIDP will be implemented) you should be able to run MIDlets on your GP32
and you should be able to DEVELOP MIDlets for GP32... no more C/C++ compiler/linker/asm. it's plain Java, fully debugable with a good emulator to let you develop first on your PC.

ofcourse there is always the same old 'Java performance' problem... well actually, i have no ideas of my kvm performances...
i shall see this with Torlus later

Back