Kuru Kuru Kuririn Clone

Haha it'd be a but difficult to share the prize (if you get one) so I don't mind you using the code I write (if I ever get to write it xD) as long as you credit me. I'm gonna work a bit on the damn code right now ^^ Yay and I have 3 exams this week!

But anyway I don't think the game can be ready for the... 31st of May? Is that the gbax deadline?

YAY IT WORKS!!! hehehe Now I just have to write the complete code, make it a bit cleaner and check if its fast enough. If it isn't we can still use precalculated values!

I'm starting to think I code well. It f*cking works!!! I completely finished it now. PM me your email addy and I'll send you the code and a working sample level.

hi
segata still working on finishing the code for the stick and making it perfect..
i worked on the menu a first release able version of it (the menu) is ready ;)
im also working on making maps for the game.. a first version wil be out when we merge everything in one working demo :)

I'm working on it at this very moment... I think I can have the rest of the collision code working in half an hour ^^

And it's done!! While Sonic-NKT keeps making the game I'm sure I'll still make some improvements, but it works pretty well right now. I'm gonna email it to you now :D

Wow man when I read this I just became to friggin' hypervantilated. I was the one who asked for a possible remake of this great game, but it was a while ago when I checked this board.

First of all, its great to see some people work on my idea. People who code homebrew things in their own free time are people you need, especialy on the GP32.

Second of all, I'm just too happy for now. I'll hope this game will ever be released. Until that moment, I will adore you guys.

Good luck making progress in this project and I will be forwarding hearing from you.

sry... and yes im still working on it... but not for some time, because of a important school thing. Hope to release something soon

School's off for the summer here ^^ No more school until september. If I can still help you in anything be sure to ask.

Hi,
i planned to release a first alpha version today with the first map of the original game until i tested it the first time on the gp32. (i only tested it on pc yet)
On the gp32 the collision code is not working and so its unplayable.
Perhaps some of the fenix gurus could look at the code.
Thanks!

PS: will post new screenshots soon, some can allready be found in the Screenshots thread.

PPS: ah,. for music. would file format should i use?

EDIT:
tested it a bit more... and now i can describe the problem more detailed.
THe first time the Stick touches a wall (in hardness map) the program kind of hangs and goes on like normal afte 2sec or so. so if you pull the joystick in the other direction while the gp32 hangs you still live and can go on with playing, after this time the collision code works perfekt like it should, no more hanging or so

Funny, best contact Segata, as he did the collission system.

Music: mod, it, xm, and there is another supported format I can`t remember.

Heh, easy solution. It's a bug in the GP32 and Dreamcast port. The first time you use the advance() function, the game hangs for a second or two, as you said.

The only thing you have to do is using it with another process before the game starts (I'd use an invisible process).

Oh, just took a look, didn`t know there is this advance() command, I always used

Code:
x+=get_distx(angle,speedo);
y+=get_disty(angle,speedo);

to go in the direction of the angle. Thanks for mentioning it! :)

Never looked at those tuts :D And I think I will stick with my solution, because of this lag-bug...

Back