Content Creators?

nice
and format doesn't really matter, i'll have to put it into the fpg anyway, any format is fine ^^
you can always mail it to racemaniac at gmail dot com :)
i'll send you a pm with my msn/icq

On the topic of people creating content for stuff, GP2Brew is open to any submissions from the community. I have a particular respect for Fenix and the things the community are creating with it, it would be great to have a regular column on programming with Fenix, game dev diaries, your experiences with Fenix, or even code snippets, gfx etc.

So if you're interested in contributing to GP2Brew, fenix related or otherwise, please get in touch via PM.

Thanks ;)

OK, here's a really minimalistic tileset (only 48 10x10 pixel tiles):

Kuru.png

In the area with the red border are unique tiles only, there are no duplicates.
Above that area is a small example of part of a possible level using these tiles (the stick would have to be quite small and rotate counter-clockwise... oh, and that last part would be pretty much impossible to pass! :-D ).

Again, this is only to see how the tile shapes work together, the gfx are butt-ugly and not intended for real use. ;-)
Also, it's a pain to piece the level together in the graphics editor, that's why I went for a small and simple example.

More angles and rounded pieces are also possible.

The green areas are "land" and the blue would be transparent and show the awesome parallax scrolling background GFX. 8-D
parallax background is possible i think, but would become pretty heavy for the gp32 i'm afraid :s
we'll see ^^
btw, for use in fenix and how i intend to make it, i'll also need collisionmaps of the blocks (black whatever you can't hit, any other color what you can hit)
and keep in mind that in fenix black is transparent, so you can't use pure black, unless you want it ti be transparent
btw, how many tiles were you thinking of making? the code i currently have can support up to 256 tiles, and how will you give the tiles? one map containing all the tiles, or lots of 10x10 files? :)
check this: http://users.pandora.be/racemaniac/Fenix/Kuru.zip

you can run this on a gp32, level editor program (pretty slow, give it time to load, and if you save (select) also give it time ^^ )

when it opens it'll load the saved map (i built a bit in it, just a little shape).

you'll have 2 parts of the screen, left part is the level, right part is the tileset.
with R you can go to the tileset to select the tile you want to build with, with l or a you return to the level.

in the level part of the screen:
with a you place a tile, with b you speed up the speed at which the cursor moves
with select you save the current map, with start you clear the map

that's about it, it's just a very basic demo of loading the tileset (from a png image, it's not inserted in the fpg), and using it to create a level :)

i don't think the sourcecode is included, if someone wants it, just ask

Last edited by a moderator:
Back