Kurayagi: The Demon Slayer

efegea

I'm currently developing a game based on the Castlevania series. It's name is Kurayagi: The Demon Slayer and it's currently about 40% completed. I'm looking to make it commercial, if it gets enought quality.

It features RPG elements, about 100 "rooms" divided into 5 levels, tons of enemies, interactive backgrounds, 4 layers of parallax scrolling, habilities and magic taken from rescued animals....

This is a mockup of what will look like the first level. The graphics are not final. The main character is taken from Bleach DS, Ichigo, it will change but it will be like he.

kurayagimockup5au8.gif

This is a video of current stage of development. I'm using borrowed sprites from castlevania: rondo of blood and...sonic :lol: Of course this will change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS0IyZIpJKw

BTW, I don't have a GP2X, I hope I get one to test the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet! this sounds like it could be awesome.

i cant watch the vid yet as i'm at work but i'll go out on a limb and say that there arent nearly enough RPG-based side scrolling slasher/platformers in the world.

good luck efegea, the mock looks great.

deepmenace posted on Oct 6 2006 at 10:50 AM said:
sweet! this sounds like it could be awesome.

i cant watch the vid yet as i'm at work but i'll go out on a limb and say that there arent nearly enough RPG-based side scrolling slasher/platformers in the world.

good luck efegea, the mock looks great.
Like Blue Angelo? :)

I'll look forward to this. :)

deepmenace posted on Oct 6 2006 at 11:28 AM said:
shinneri posted on Oct 6 2006 at 04:14 PM said:
Like Blue Angelo? :)

never heard of it....

can i play it on gp2x?
No, GP32 (screenshots andhere's a review).

It's pretty hard to find nowadays, but I think it will be released on other platforms later (a GBA version was/is being made).

looks rad, seems a nice engine!

... obviously comercial games shouldn't be using ripped sprites ;) hope you find someone to do nice pixel gfx for you so you can sell it!

Draken posted on Oct 6 2006 at 12:29 PM said:
Looks promising. An Ichigo Kurosaki secret character would kick ass too. :p

YHah I was going to say that ;-), if you look at the character from the screenshot he really look like Ichigo with his Zengatsu and in his Sninigami uniform. Where are the hollows or the bounto? (I just finish to watch episode 98 last night, this series is really great).

rememberthe8bit posted on Oct 7 2006 at 08:50 PM said:
Looks as if you're barrowing some sprites from a Bleach game too.

As I said on my first post it's taken from Bleach DS, he's Ichigo. It's only a mockup, but the main character will be very like Ichigo

Intruder posted on Oct 6 2006 at 11:20 PM said:
YHah I was going to say that ;-), if you look at the character from the screenshot he really look like Ichigo with his Zengatsu and in his Sninigami uniform. Where are the hollows or the bounto? (I just finish to watch episode 98 last night, this series is really great).

I loved the series till the real ending at around ep 60. Have picked a few eps of the Bounto fillerarc but didn't quite like it. Just waiting till the filler arc is over and Bleach picks up the real storyline from the manga again. :)

bacteria posted on Oct 7 2006 at 02:19 AM said:
Good luck on your project, please keep us updated with your progress.

New video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpZzecoQO5k

New video, little update, look at the scrolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfn1kZhsFY

Back