Release Keymat On Devboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's durable. Also someone said replacements will be available, as well as blank ones

CandidStan said:
Nightwheel said:
Phawx said:
Let's get that video with the keys going, WOO!

/Starts Chant

VID-E-O
VID-E-O
VID-E-O
[Joins in on chant]
VID-E-O
VID-E-O
VID-E-O

VID-E-O
VID-E-O
VID-E-O

:pandora1:

E-B-A
E-B-A
E-B-A
E-B-A

Wait. That's Elite Beat Agents, aint' it?
Silly me.

Last edited by a moderator:
These threads remind me of late night webcam chat rooms ( not that I would know anything about them :blink: )

Substitute: VIDEO...VIDEO for SHOWER....SHOWER...

Can I see you touch it... Please rub the keyboard... I wish I could feel it....

There is something very amusing about the posts to see specific video of the developers with their equipment.

Am I the only one who finds this a bit amusing ??

(edit)

I cannot wait for it to be released also !!! Do you think that checking the website 6 times a day is too much ???

SHOWER...SHOWER..hummm.. I meant VIDEO....VIDEO....

D)

mali said:
6 times a day?!!
So you are no real enthusiast, then...
Well, I do have to work after all...... Family of 3 kids under 8 ....
Cannot sit in front of the computer all day... :D

D)

It feels so close, I can smell it.

And it smells awesome, uber even, UBER AWESOME.
or it could be my runny nose, but I really cant wait for a new video, hopefully with the key board, maybe the case too.

MDave said:
In the second photo, you can notice the mat bending upwards slighty towards the top middle of it?
keymat02.jpg
I think it's improperly screwed on the board. Perhaps there's a slight mismatch with the holes...(wonder if hardware heat will bend rubber?)

Great update, nice pics!

Eisner said:

D)
Heh :)
My son wanted to have a PSP for christmas. Some vids and pics and now he is infected by the Pandora virus, too. Can't wait to have a family Pandora multiplayer session :lol:

kin said:
I think it's improperly screwed on the board. Perhaps there's a slight mismatch with the holes...(wonder if hardware heat will bend rubber?)

Great update, nice pics!
it shouldn't, my beagleboard is locked in a really small case and the usb hub next to it gets alot warmer - the beagleboard is usually colder than the the case because it takes longer to reach the ambience temp. the chips itself don't heat up (atleast not for me)

mali said:
Eisner said:

D)
Heh :)
My son wanted to have a PSP for christmas. Some vids and pics and now he is infected by the Pandora virus, too. Can't wait to have a family Pandora multiplayer session :lol:

I remember when my son wrote his first bash script. I was so proud :rolleyes: .

kin said:
When properly assembled, the mat will be sandwiched between the board and the case. Each key will protrude through it's own hole in the case and there will be no chance of it moving out of position.

As for hardware heat, none of the chips gets anywhere near hot enough to damage something. Even under full load, the OMAP shouldn't get more than barely warm to the touch. The reason we can get 10 hours of battery life out of the Pandora compared to 1-2 hours from most UMPCs is that ARM processors just plain don't waste power as heat.

MDave said:
In the second photo, you can notice the mat bending upwards slighty towards the top middle of it?
That could just be distortion from the camera lens...My camera does that if I take extreme closeup shots.

mali said:
I think, I've identified the cause of the bump in the middle of the F-key row. Underneath are the two large side pins that fix the USB-port on the board. When the unit is assembled, the pressure of the case and board will hold the buttons in place.
Edit:
bent.jpg

It's an older revision PCB, but you can see how much the pins of the USB-port protude.

craigix said:
Could just be a screw missing there, I guess we will find out next week!

mfk said:
Hi Guys,

Everything lines up nicely. No bending. And I'm just missing a screw. ;)

TaG said:
Good to see progress. Looking forward to seeing it working. :)

Shame craigix said the devs have a screw loose... ;)

I got a gut feeling the devs have a finished prototype unit they are gonna show next week...

In such a case, i think christmas came late this year :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back