Keyboard Remapping

Pleng

does shif-space have a special meaning in linux?

if not id like to map tab to shift-space, as itts a lot easier to hit that combination than fn-space when holing the Pandora in two hands. How do I go about doing this?

Pleng said:

if not id like to map tab to shift-space, as itts a lot easier to hit that combination than fn-space when holing the Pandora in two hands. How do I go about doing this?

Fn-Space is damn easy, you just need to roll your thumb from the Fn-Key onto the Space key :)

If you want to remap: The keymap is in your home-directory, a hidden file... forgot the exact name, might be .pndmodmap or something like that.
Be aware that gaming controls will not work properly anymore if you change ABXY, LR or D-Pad keyboard map!

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Pleng said:

Fn-Space is damn easy, you just need to roll your thumb from the Fn-Key onto the Space key :)

If you want to remap: The keymap is in your home-directory, a hidden file... forgot the exact name, might be .pndmodmap or something like that.
Be aware that gaming controls will not work properly anymore if you change ABXY, LR or D-Pad keyboard map!

It's possible to quickly cycle through different available keymappings, right? i.e. by pressing some button combination?

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn said:
EvilDragon said:
Pleng said:

It's possible to quickly cycle through different available keymappings, right? i.e. by pressing some button combination?

Well, with xmodmap you can load any keymap you want, so it would be easy creating a zenity script which lets you select a keymap and map that to a hotkey, yeah.

Last edited:
Quick refresher (I've searched, but many hits are about discussion of the development of the keymat)... Do you achieve Fn-Lock by doing Shift-Fn, or Fn-Fn (tap tap)? If it's Shift-Fn, how do you do shift-tab?

sverm said:
Quick refresher (I've searched, but many hits are about discussion of the development of the keymat)... Do you achieve Fn-Lock by doing Shift-Fn, or Fn-Fn (tap tap)? If it's Shift-Fn, how do you do shift-tab?

tap tap :)

Last edited:
Back