Kensington Gamestation Fc3000

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
EDIT: Onestation, not gamestation.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4812

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5461

Hot from China/Japan is the newest Gamestation. This is like the old Gamestation MD MAX, except this time the buttons are not vertical (therefore crap) and the screen is not widescreen (therefore crap).

The think runs on three AAA batteries and comes with a 10-in-1 card.

It plays MD and FC. Which I think are NES and MegaDrive. It's got a 2.5" screen that is apparently award winning if you read the box. Same old TV-out function. Not so bad for $30 US inc postatge. I might get this one as well.

sku_4812_1.jpg

sku_4812_2.jpg

sku_4812_3.jpg

sku_4812_4.jpg

sku_4812_6.jpg

sku_4812_7.jpg

While looking for information on this, I also came across a gamestation cart that was blank. Anyone know anything about blank GS carts?

Orkie said:
It does look very nice. Fancy posting a link to some information on that blank card? I'm very tempted to buy one and look inside ;).
The price is certainly right... if they came out with a writable game cart you could buy and load Famicom ROMs onto, I'd be all over it... as it is, I can't see any other games that match the design of the 10in1 cart it comes with on the site... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Orkie said:
Any particular reason why your link points to glow in the dark vampire fangs? :D
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4812

It does look very nice. Fancy posting a link to some information on that blank card? I'm very tempted to buy one and look inside ;).

Ha ha. yes, I was showing someone the cool glow-in-the-dark vampire teeth. ^^

Fixed the link, ad left the vampire link as well. I'm not sure how it plays MD, if it is via the dodgy adaptor like the 2000.

Couldn't find the memory card, but foudn this instead. Looks like one but I can't read Japanese.

b0030122_1261968.jpg

I'm confused does the adaptor take a strange kind of card full of dodgey games they make or is a converter for proper Mega Drive games or somekind of Memory card you put stuff on yourself :unsure:

Looks like the new Onestation works with Famicon. But with a weird resolution.

Maybe you need the adaptor again. I'm not sure what the purpose of this new OS is.

I think the other memory card I was looking at is just a new card for GBA games on a GBA or DS.

Crap! :angry: I wished that there was more information about this thing. As a gadget freak, I am going to have to have this thing. It says that it is compatible with almost 3000 FC games? :huh: How do I get those games into it? :huh: There seems to be no info or hope that there is any more cards than the one that comes with it. <_< I will still end up getting it. I am addicted to things like this. :unsure:

Me too I'm thinking of getting the old onestation it's cheap and comes with a tonne of games.

The new one looks ugly TBH don't like the shape and it's more money.

A perfect amalgam of the Ngage's shape and the iPod's metal back. What a great concept. ;)

I will admit that this would be a good (and cheap) thing to buy in case you need a lot of media with you at once.

icurafu said:
I've got the old one. It's great for NES. Karateta. :)

But the buttons are on in reverse, so Mario Brothers is awful to play.

The new one stresses compatibility, so hopefully it is an updated FOAC chip.
In the mean time, I just got this.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5307

So I'll test out a few NES roms.

sku_5307_1.jpg

Hey! let us know how it plays NES roms. I might be interested in one of these too. :huh:

Why does that thing remind me of those cheap MP4 players they sell at Ebuyer :unsure:

Anyone know when dealExtreme are getting the game carts back in stock for onestation? I would like the FC3000 but I think it's stupid buying one now with only 10 games when I don't know if I can get any more for it.

RyokoSparda said:
Why does that thing remind me of those cheap MP4 players they sell at Ebuyer :unsure:

Anyone know when dealExtreme are getting the game carts back in stock for onestation? I would like the FC3000 but I think it's stupid buying one now with only 10 games when I don't know if I can get any more for it.
They do have a few game carts in stock. I am glad that they fixed it so that you don't have to run the gauntlet of constantly searching through their list, which was a pain. They now list which ones are sold out.

You get one cart with the system that has 99 NES games. From what I have seen, you may not know which cart. I got the one with contra, which I am happy with. I have gotten one off of ebay, but not as good of a bargain as dealextreme. No one beats their prices.

I just got my FC3000.

Incase anyone is still interested.

The 10-in-1 that comes with the device is crap. All games are hacked roms or new games. Like tetris clones. I got one of the cards I ordered with it. (Not the one with Mario 3)

That games here are a lot better than the previous model. The FoaC is obviously much better. It plays games like double dragon 3 and shadow of the ninja perfectly.

The screen is crap. It displays the picture better than the previous models, but the viewing angle is so ridiculous that you have to hold it still. Slight movments make then entire color appear washed. I've never seen a screen this bad. Still, there is no noticable blur.

The controls are average. The buttons feel really good, but the dpad is terrible. It'll take you a long time to know exactly where you should press to go right without also going up. left is a little better. The volume wheel is behind the unit, so you have to turn it around to use it. Same goes for the power switch.

Putting a card in teh device is hard. It's a very tight fit and takes some force to pull it out.

Sound is very clearn, with no headphone port.

TV-Out only works with NTSC. but that looks great on my TV. :p

Anyway, the updated FoaC makes up for the crapper screen and dodgy controls. I'm reasonably satisfied.

edit: BTW, I got a black one which is a good plastic. (better than GP2X) There is a leverage point, but I have not tried to remove, replace the face-plate.

edit edit: The TV cable does not work with the old Gamestation. and vice versa even though they look the same, but the picture quality is much better for some reason. I actually got a lot more used to it after playing it on my TV for another hour last night. The controls are not so bad, but there is a large bias horiontal. It's hard to go up without left or right. Sucks for vertical shooters.

But I'm a lot happier now. Wish there was save states. I do get bored easily.

Thanks for the detailed report icurafu! I enjoy reading details about these little-known systems from the East... Anyway, it sounds like a cool toy for the money, though I'm going to hold off for now. I think... :lol:

im back at work now so i will probably buy one next time i order stuff form dealextreme :D I just orderd like $150 of things but i forgot about this so next time i will get it

Back