Release Jzintv

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/jzintv.inf
You'll need grom.bin and exec.bin which can be gotten from any Intellivision Lives CD (I think any one will work. Maybe some don't have it? Probably not the Gamecube one on account I don't think a regular PC can read the files off of it, but I digress)
The D-pad acts as the disc (I'll update it to use the nub as well just as soon as I figure out how to do that), the numbers are the numbers, the L shoulder is the first L trigger, the R shoulder is the first R trigger, and Alt is the second R trigger... or the second L trigger: even though both sides had two buttons, one of them was actually wired to the first button (so of the 4 buttons, only three were unique) but I forget which. Your overlay should make it obvious.
Let me know if there are any problems :)

Wiz .. did you use SDL, or do things more direct?

In SDL, the nubs will show up as joysticks, if you open those joysticks.

You can also use libpnd, take a look at pnd_io_evdev[ch], which will give you a reaaaaly easy API. (essentially, theres open, close, catch-up-events, and check-current-known-status), which will give you back the (x,y) for each nub when asked (and can also do the dpads and some other stuff.) Its brainsimple to use.

If you need a clip, I can point you at some.

jeff

Nice!!

This was another "must have" for my pandora :)

Thanks so much, WizardStan!

Jason

Hey WizardStan, Great emu. Works well with the few games I tried.

Any way to map the A,B,X,Y buttons for use? Also, is there any way to exit the emu without using the Pandora key? Looking forward to future updates.

Chris

Oh, F1 is the exit button.
I can't take credit though, I just compiled it and made it work with the Pandora's features. The real brains is Joe Zbiciak, he wrote the original source.

edit: so that's F1, as in FN-1 combo :)

WizardStan said:
Oh, F1 is the exit button.
I can't take credit though, I just compiled it and made it work with the Pandora's features. The real brains is Joe Zbiciak, he wrote the original source.

edit: so that's F1, as in FN-1 combo :)
Well, thanks to to Joe as well. This runs great. The sound and image seem perfect. My only complaint is the lack of being able to use the A,B,X, and Y for action buttons. Using the shoulder buttons is useless for me, as they are very hard to actually use during gameplay.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Whee, can't wait to try this one! :D

Night Stalker and Thin Ice, here I come.

EDIT: I hate to say this, but the buttons aren't doing anything for me. They do nothing in Night Stalker, and in Thin Ice and Lock 'n' Chase, it's impossible to do anything after specifying the number of players. These are the only games I own. :p Is anyone else encountering this?

Eep, sorry. Looks like not all the buttons are mapping properly, notably the ENTER and CLEAR buttons. I'll get to work on that custom key mapping this weekend.
Night Stalker should work though: 2 is shoot up, 4 is shoot left, 6 is shoot right, 8 is shoot down. Definitely a game where custom button mapping would come in handy; change those to the ABXY buttons and it'll be awesome!

Oh damn. Haha, I forgot that Night Stalker worked that way - I've not played it since I got hold of Intellivision Lives!, I was saving it specifically for the Pandora, and made the error of thinking it used the triggers. :lol:

Very much looking forward to the custom key mapping. :)

The issue with Lock n Chase appears to be that it treats the right controller as primary player and the only controller that can enter a value where jzIntv treats the left controller as primary. Try entering a number and pressing "=" (FN-G) which is the default right controller enter key map.
And then, of course, you'll need direction keys: up is E, down is X, left is S, and right is D.
The mappings were really intended for two players on a single keyboard. This goes to the top of my priorities list :)

Back