Just Ordered My Pandora

Kumaki

OK...I finally got some money I was waiting on for some time, and so I have gone and bought a Pandora, the ReBirth Edition one, and expect it within about a week.

I am looking forward to joining the Pandora community. Please do be patient, I'm probably gonna have a bunch of questions.

I remember seeing a topic here I can't find anymore about what files you need to put on your SD Card, so as to make the PND files work out right.A

s I remember, there were four folders to create...and then you ought to be able to just drag and drop files onto the card and have them work on Pandora. Please let me know if this is correct, and what those four files are...and what each of them is actually FOR.

Thanks, guys!

A splendid move. I've had this little thing for a few days now. It's all kinds of ace.

There's a quick guide PDF thingy on the desktop of the thing that'll give you most of that kind of info. But yes, you create a Pandora directory on the SD card. In that directory, you create four more directories.

desktop (PNDs you put here are visible on the desktop)

menu (PNDs you put here show up in the menu)

apps (PNDs you put here appear both on desktop and in the menu)

mmenu (PNDs you put here appear only in the non-deskop GUI, MiniMenu)

When you first fire up some PNDs, another directory will appear- appdata. Each program will create its own subdirectory in there and store configs and saves. With some games that require game data to be copied over (e.g. Descent), the data will go within those folders. Deleting an application's folder from appdata will basically reset the application.

Simple and elegant.

Be sure to check pandebian and android as well as the other repo software. it's like having 3 os in 1 :)

NB : I prefer to browse the repo via the website instead of pnd store because the search engine is better. (Example : cave story is named nxengine on the repo. via the website you can find it with the cave story name but not via pnd installer)

Hummm.

I just basically need to know how to set up the SD card to accept PND files (the emulators) I already HAVE most of the ROM's I want from other systems...the ROM files are always the same, just the emu's that run them are different.

Will try the PND Manager, but, like I was saying there was something which I wish I could find that told you exactly which folders to create on your SD Card, and then you could just drop the PND files where you wanted them to be, and of course, then, also the ROM files.

You may also want to check this wiki page: http://www.pandorawiki.org/User_manual

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...This is EXACTLY the page I was looking for!!

I KNEW it was out there somewhere, just did not remember where to find it, and dummy me forgot to bookmark it last time I had it up!!

Will try the PND Manager, but, like I was saying there was something which I wish I could find that told you exactly which folders to create on your SD Card, and then you could just drop the PND files where you wanted them to be, and of course, then, also the ROM files.

http://dl.openhandhe...i?0,0,0,0,5,404

This too, very useful and thank you very much for this!

By the way...Strigoi...interesting name choice...this is the name of a vampire, yes?

I used to play live action Vampire: The Masquerade many years ago, and I seem to remember the name Strigoi.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to UPS, I should have my Pandora tomorrow. But I'd sure like to see an update on UPS's page, since it last shows my Pandora in San Pablo, CA...which is a hell of a long way away.

My Pandora got to Stroudsburg, PA today, and is on the truck for delivery today....hooray!!

I can't wait to get this thing and see for myself what kinds of ace this thing is!

Back