Just Got The Gp2x, Not Sure If F100 Or Mk2 Version.

irefan

Still Fresh
Hello,

I just got the GP2X from the uk site GP2X.co.uk, but the box states it's a model GP2X-F100. their websites states MK2.

Can someone please confirm if I have received the right one or not.

I also received a CD with software and a d-pad Cap.

Thanks
Irefan

Different joystick, different screen. Both are improved on the MK2. I just got mine today, and I'm extremely happy with it. :D

I understand the joystick is properly oriented in the Mk2, but whats different about the screen? Less scanline visibility?

jeff

I understand the joystick is properly oriented in the Mk2, but whats different about the screen? Less scanline visibility?

jeff

Craigix talks about the new screen in this review.
The relevant bit bellow.

The GP2X screen has changed in the new revision, the previous one was interlaced, the new one isn't. The new screen looks better but does not have the perfect viewing angles that the interlaced screen offered, however it nice and has very good contrast it does not suffer from blurring or dead pixels (unlike the PSP screen) and is the right aspect for emulators and classic game ports.

There is also some good info found in this thread.

CoinOp

Last edited by a moderator:
Shinneri: Compared to which GP32 model? The BLU+?
Also, are there any obvious reasons why they did not continue using the BLU+ screen? IMO, it's quite good (a little washed out, though).

Shinneri: Compared to which GP32 model? The BLU+?
Also, are there any obvious reasons why they did not continue using the BLU+ screen? IMO, it's quite good (a little washed out, though).
Well, I'm comparing it to the BLU because that's the only one I've had. The color on the screen is really nice, but you have to tilt it up or down to get the best view.

Not sure why they didn't use the BLU+ screen. Price maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back