Just Bought Gp2x F100;joystick Doesn't Responds To The Right

MascaraSagrada

Still Fresh
Hi i just bought a GP2X F100 and the Joystick doesn't work when i want to move to the right.

I did a lot but a lot of research before buying the GP2x and i bought the first edition because it saved me $100 US and i never tought the problems with the joystick will be so BIG.

I was in the Joystick Test screen and the joystick works fine when i go up,down,left etc but when i try to move to the right i need to put a lot of pressure :( , it works but with pressure.

The thing is that its very difficult to move the joystick to the right in the menu so i dont wan't to imagine how will be working during games :unsure:

When i remove the cap is more easy to do the movements to the right.

I did investigation before doing this Topic and i saw similar users with the same problem but my question is if i buy the MK2 Cap will it be working better?Will the problems moving to the right continue?

BTW-I have 1.2 Firmware;Do you reccomend upgrading or the problems are on the Hardware?

Yeah that happens with mk1 stick caps, they sometimes sit to low so they hit the case before the contackt.
You can easyly fix that by putting a little peace of paper in the stick.
I would sugest you to buy a better cap through, the ones from craigix are quite ok.

OK thanks a lot about the paper thing do you have a Pic of yours?Well i saw the ones from Craig's but he's in the UK and i am in North America.Still i will be buying the MK2 Cap :) Thanks Vimacs

I had this problem for ages without understanding what the problem was. The caps Craig sells are very good.

Upgrading to firmware 2.0 is a most, it is worth every second you will spend in the process.

MascaraSagrada posted on Oct 7 2006 at 10:23 PM said:
OK thanks a lot about the paper thing do you have a Pic of yours?
I thought you said you did a lot of research?? DaveC didn't need to use a bit of paper for his cap, he made and sold his own caps! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you said you did a lot of research?? DaveC didn't need to use a bit of paper for his cap, he made and sold his own caps! :lol:
[/quote]

I did;I spent weeks reading these forums but there's so much information in here that its impossible to remember everything you read and i read like a 100 topics of people complaining about the joystick and everyone gave different reasons.

I knew and saw DaveC Caps but i will be getting the new ones(MKII)

Is good to know that I have been 2 days with my GP2x and i found out that the Joystick is not that bad when i use the middle part of my thumb, when i use my thumb as this i add more pressure and the joystick works perfectly well for me with many games :p.

I just bought 2 MKII Caps and i will be getting them in a week.Someone told me that a good trick is to stick the new caps only half way in.Still i will be trying different methods and i really hope there's a difference with the new caps.

Back