Just Got My Gp2x

ductsoup

Still Fresh
Hey, I ordered a 275mhz GP2x from gbax.com last wednesday and it didn't come untill today and at 270mhz. I recieved no batteries and the usb cable I got with it didn't work. I tested it with some 800mAh batteries and it worked great, I found an old usb cable and was going to test it with an mp3 so I sent an mp3 to the NAND memory but before it finnished the battery warning light came on and it turned off. Now I assume the batteries are not sufficient to run the unit since I've read about 1000mAh+ batteries being used, I do plan to get an SD card and putting an MP3 on the NAND memory was just a test. What batteries should I be using? Thanks.

Hey, I ordered a 275mhz GP2x from gbax.com last wednesday and it didn't come untill today and at 270mhz. I recieved no batteries and the usb cable I got with it didn't work. I tested it with some 800mAh batteries and it worked great, I found an old usb cable and was going to test it with an mp3 so I sent an mp3 to the NAND memory but before it finnished the battery warning light came on and it turned off. Now I assume the batteries are not sufficient to run the unit since I've read about 1000mAh+ batteries being used, I do plan to get an SD card and putting an MP3 on the NAND memory was just a test. What batteries should I be using? Thanks.

2500 mAh at least. There's lots of great information on this site:

http://gpnewbie.com/gp2x/faq.htm

You should definitely read it over, thoroughly. You'll have a much better understanding of your new device after you do. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Uniross Sprint 1 Hour Battery Charger inc 4 x AA 2500 mAh Rechargeable Batteries and the charger does what it says on the tin and the batteries are good too. I'm looking for a new charger now though, one that gives more info about the charging and allows discharge/battery reconditioning/etc.

For £13 it's a bargain though as it's £29.99 in Maplin and Comet (I bought it from Maplin when it was on offer at £19.99).

Back