Joystick Hacks

Magus 86 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 02:02 PM said:
Eh??? The first one is a microcon... and the analog sticks are just mini versions of the regular PS2 controller. The retrocon's sticks have caps like the GP32 and GP2X that can actually be separated from the rest of the analog mechanism.
That is most likely an old MicroCon you found there. The Microcon on the Mad Catz website has the same sticks as the RetroCon.

8236.gif

The Control Pad Pro could also be an option. Same price as the MicroCon, but with black sticks like the RetroCon.

8226.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
slygamer posted on Dec 2 2005 at 02:48 AM said:
Magus 86 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 02:02 PM said:
Eh??? The first one is a microcon... and the analog sticks are just mini versions of the regular PS2 controller. The retrocon's sticks have caps like the GP32 and GP2X that can actually be separated from the rest of the analog mechanism.
That is most likely an old MicroCon you found there. The Microcon on the Mad Catz website has the same sticks as the RetroCon.

8236.gif

The Control Pad Pro could also be an option. Same price as the MicroCon, but with black sticks like the RetroCon.

8226.gif

Ohhh... I didn't know they changed it... Sorry, my bad. Nice find, by the way. I'd rather just buy one of those and sacrifce it than one of my RetroCONs.

deepmenace posted on Dec 2 2005 at 03:36 AM said:
nubie:

I have pulled mine off about three or four times, not a problem, it is plenty sturdy.

:lol:
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!?

Dirty mind, takes one to know one.

wyefye posted on Dec 2 2005 at 12:24 PM said:

Yes, that thread shows a good idea; using a paint-on rubber coating to give the stick more tack.

I thought of that as well, but after seeing the Retrocon I had to try it for myself.

(I actually bought a used one at my local Gamestop for ~$7 after tax :lol:)

<3 the little dimple in the middle of the pad; makes for better contact.

wyefye posted on Dec 2 2005 at 05:24 PM said:

Thanks for including your thread wyefye.

I've now stuck my little rubber foot on with superglue now and its working really well.

Do people think we could reach a concensuse on a better joystick (maybe design one ourselves) and send it to GPH?? maybe they wouldnt pay any attention but still....

thats a good idea. make our own case, custom buttons yada yada, send it off.. only to have it ignored - and money wasted. w00t!

were there dude.

Magus 86 posted on Dec 1 2005 at 01:10 PM said:
Well... Since I have 2 of them, I can sacrifice one for its stick caps, and there's no sense in keeping one of them on... so I suppose I could just mail one of the stick caps to you... unless Gamepark Holdings offers a better solution before I get my GP2X.
Cheers but I think the postage from US to UK may be a bit much for a stick ;). Save it for someone in the US :p

Magus 86 posted on Dec 3 2005 at 12:05 AM said:
Ohhh... I didn't know they changed it... Sorry, my bad. Nice find, by the way. I'd rather just buy one of those and sacrifce it than one of my RetroCONs.
I went looking for a Mad Catz PS2 controller today. Only found one which was a branded version of the MicroCon. It was branded with the colours and logo of the Brisbane Lions Aussie Rules football team (I wonder how many people will know what I am talking about :) ). It had yellow rubber caps on clear plastic sticks and I could see the metal shaft that it is mounted on. Only one problem. AUD$49.95 (or USD$37.38). I'm not paying that much to sacrifice it for a new joystick knob.

The rubber cap from an old school logiteh wireless controller for the xbox works like a charm. All tacky rubber, it was so tacky that the joystick would rotate, so I glued it in position. I glued it on so it wouldn't slide, then used a nail file board to sand away the extra material underneath. I have had my gp2x for 6 months and it hasn'e even budged, even when shaking off tackles in 10 yard fight for 3 hours. See pics.

mrlandy, you should be beaten with a frozen turkey breast.

Jesus H. Christ.

This isn't grave digging it is fossil hunting ;)

Find any of these?

fossil.jpg

mrlandy posted on Jul 7 2006 at 08:45 PM said:

Oh. I stand corrected;

You should be beaten to death with a frozen turkey breast.

Paradox posted on Jul 8 2006 at 03:30 AM said:
can i have your time machine mrlandy? i mean... to go this far back..wow
Wow! that's some serious digging. Got to be a record. sometimes it's nice to be reminded of the good old days when times were good and all people worried about was joystick caps... In all the excitement of those ancient times I ended up with four different caps...

halo9 posted on Jul 8 2006 at 10:31 AM said:
Paradox posted on Jul 8 2006 at 03:30 AM said:
can i have your time machine mrlandy? i mean... to go this far back..wow
Wow! that's some serious digging. Got to be a record. sometimes it's nice to be reminded of the good old days when times were good and all people worried about was joystick caps... In all the excitement of those ancient times I ended up with four different caps...
Nah I bumped the first post.
Got banned for it. f'ing spoilsports.

Back