jdoom

Mofokubik

Website
Visit site
i just downloaded doomsday and installed the 3d models and configured it.
it is the best doom game i have play to date.
will craig include md2 files in any of his releases, and some of the other cool features like dynamic lighting, lens glares, jumping, rocket trails, etc...

uhh i highly doubt it, considering that JDoom/Doomsday uses 3d video accelleration to enhance the game and get the extra effects. The Gp32 has no 3d chip, therefore it wouldn't work.

Craig has also stated that he doesn't intend on doing any further development on GPDoom. AFAIK he is going to be fixing the savegame problem and then releasing the source code for others to mess around with.

but i checked it out and its fixed point bin. So it would work on gp32. Im not saying 100% of this stuff either, like jumping is awesome in the game.

hmm jumping and perhaps mod support he could get working but no 3D stuff like thr md2 models, it would be running at a lower framerate than quake i think :( And you dont need this.

crosshairs?
joystick look?
ducking?
rocket trails?
Lens glares?
dynamic lighting?
blah blah blah?
none of these things are needed, they are just the little extra
crap that nobody needs but everybody wants. run slower than quake,
im not sure if thats true because quake uses floating point, and jdoom
is fixed point. but hey, im usually wrong anyway.

btw-can i jump in doomv5, i thought craig said he was putting it in.

ut2003?? what is it? I don't care about lens flares (sp?) and dynamic (sp?) lighting (sp?) but ducking, and jumping and crosshairs (sp?) would be cool (especially (sp?) if in jdoom you can look up and down and all that stuff, so you can actaully aim)

Brought (sp?) to you by bad speller instution (sp?) :p

Graphically i think GPDoom is as good as we're gonna get (except possibly some tweaking for speed) Next on the agenda should be stuff like adding PWADS (extra levels graphics etc)
then we can think about jumping and stuff... but only if u're thinking about porting ZDooM or EDGE

then of course there's multiplayer... :)

lol
there is a small diff between adding md2 support to doom (or even just mdl) and ut2003
if you just add a few small 3d models to an already good running game, it shouldnt be that bad...

am i going to have to get on mirc and argue in real time?!

Back