Javascript Help

A

Aaaaaaaa

Hi, i want to list charsets for gigas in alphabetical order. But since these pictures are reasonably large, I want to put them on seperate pages (the pictures are also links to zip files) .

Since i only know HTML, i would make a pager for each letter of the alphabet, but this became unfeasable, as soon i realised i'd have to do 2 types of picture alphabetically. (for charsets, and attack sets).

Basically i want to have the letters at the top, and when clicked, takes you to a new page .

Would this be possible without making a new page for each one?

Could anyone give me some code?

Thanks

I needed the same thing about a year ago but alas I had to make a page for each. On the page I got board of typing

<a href="www.something.com/a.htm">a</a>-<a href="www.something.com/b.htm">b</a>-

ETC ETC ETC!!!!

Three ways, since you don't want to use PHP:

1. How I did it back in my old HTML days - seperate pages. I survived, it wasn't really a problem.

2. One big page with alphabetical anchors in a frame, with another frame holding the alpha list. That way the bottom frame scrolls down to the start of whatever letter is wanted, which is kind of the same.

3. Store all your data in a javascript array and use a div with innerHTML. When each letter is clicked you scan the js array for data and insert them into the div. I will try to code a proof of concept for you! You can also have jscript write the alphabet link strip for you!

Or use PHP/ASP or something :)

If you did that, you could even make a DB, and let people upload tieir own things.

But only if the host supports it...

Back