Release Java PND

What debug info are you talking about?
All the stuff you "echo" in the /usr/bin/java script.  Ideally if I run "/usr/bin/java -version" it should output exactly the same as if I run "/mnt/utmp/java/bin/java -version" or whatever it is.

If I'm running some tool written in java that writes data on stdout, I would not want the debug messages mixed up with that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I see now, fair enough. I didn't really consider those debug messages as much as actual info messages, but I can see your point. I'll build up some more libraries next week and do another release without those messages.

Just tried 7u21 as it was the version I could find first to download. Started jCloisterZone without problems.

Wow, that was a quick release cycle, seems like there's been several updates in the past few weeks. I'll update it next week as well, or with whatever happens to be latest at the time.

OK I have an issue with a .jar file i'd like to run

I get the following error:

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Is this a library problem (missing from the current PND?) or something else?

Appreciate any help on this.

That's an error in the aufs, the unionFS which mounts PNDs and their appdata directory together. It signifies a problem with the system itself. Do you have any problems with other PNDs? Have you tried a restart?

That error always occurs at least once during the unmounting process,  and means nothing in regards to the program you are trying to run.

- Neelix

That's an error in the aufs, the unionFS which mounts PNDs and their appdata directory together. It signifies a problem with the system itself. Do you have any problems with other PNDs? Have you tried a restart?
Nope, no issue, and that jar file runs without any issue on my PC. Is there any way I can debug the problem ?

Updated the java.pnd. Fixed some problems with the OpenJDK classpath, updated the Oracle Java to 1.7.0_21, and added javac to the installer. Rerun the installer, select the Oracle Java, and you will be able to compile directly on the Pandora. Tested with some example Swing codes.

Nope, no issue, and that jar file runs without any issue on my PC. Is there any way I can debug the problem ?
It would be nice to know how you're running it and what the error is. That aufs error is probably a red herring.

What am I doing wrong ?

I deleted the appdata/java (just to be sure) and installed the new version (Oracle).

Then I try to launch a .jar with the command "java" as I always done, but doesn't work... I see that the java.pnd is mounted in the process, but the .jar doesn't start...

EDIT:

Tried with a terminal, and I see "Error: Could not find or load main class <filename>.jar"

<filename> because it tells the same thing with every jar I tried, but were working before

EDIT:

JdiskReport PND works without issues... seems like the problem is just for jar files

EDIT:

===== SOLVED =====

I added the "-jar" argument, I didn't remember I was using it

EDIT:

Oh, by the way, THANKS for the update :D

Used it a bit but seems faster than before
-_-

Did you know ?!

You can launch a .jar file simply launching from a terminal "java -r filename.jar" !!

Enjoy !!

:D

I was experimenting with java and i need to repackage a test program in jar format...but inside iava.pnd the JAR command was not present so...

i have repackaged the java.pnd with currently updated version from Oracle (Java 1.7.0_40 soft-float) adding JAR command into pnd to be able to package/repackage of .jar files with pandora and fixed a bug in disinstall process (before javac was left in /usr/bin of Nand after disinstall).

Feel free to test and if WizardStan think is done right could upload to the Repo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys8xhaizui5i76e/java.pnd

What do you mean "JAR command was not present"? Does it not work? It used to, I can take a look to figure out what I broke.

In the meantime you can always simply run "java -jar <filename.jar>" to test your package.

Thanks for pointing out the uninstall bug. javac is a new feature, I only tested the install but didn't even think of the uninstall.

I'll also look into libGDX. Hopefully it will work better than lwjgl.

Well there is  the "jar" command that is used to generate, update and extract data from jar files(Not run them).. I didn't think that was missing, but I could be wrong.

No, I created the "Run JAR file" application in the Accessories menu. It brings up a dialog for you to select a .jar file and then runs it with the openJDK. I guess I could even update it now to use either OpenJDK or Oracle Java, user choice.

I can't test right now, but it as far as I know it has been working since release 1.0. I did get pretty sloppy with my upgrades though, only testing the java and javaws with each release, so I probably broke it and never noticed.

Hi WizardStan,

have you tried to recompile Java with LinuxBochs OpenGL Files?

Maybe then can we run easily much 3D Java Games ;)

I was referring to this http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/jar/build.html

If you want to package a project just compiled in .jar format you need the jar command.

This command was already present onto the pnd (even earlier versions i think) in jdk/bin directory but was never installed properly inside pandora nand.

Now i only added a script (directly inspired by your work on java, javaws, javac) to install the jar file (is a script that point to the jar file inside the pnd) so we are able to create such .jar packages.

Oh, ahah! Now I understand, sorry. A little slow sometimes :p

Yeah, this is fine. Maybe not worth a full update yet, no point in people downloading an entire 100MB file just to get this tiny little script, but I'll be sure it's in for the next update... which is apparently now anyway. 1.7.40 is available. In both hard and soft floats, now that's clever.

I'll get it tonight and test it, package it up for either tomorrow or Saturday.

Oh, ahah! Now I understand, sorry. A little slow sometimes :p
Don't worry :) maybe caused by my english explanation.

if you want could use my pnd to upload to the repo (i have updated the pxml too..feel free to check before ,maybe i have broken some info)

Back