Itunes

adrifter

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
my buddy at work showed me a file on his gp2x, he bought it after seeing my vektar demo,-- but anyway he told me he downloaded it from itunes and converted it.

I thought this was supposed to be hard? this guy is known for bs-ing a lot, but im not so big on computers etc--just using them. is he for real? or did he just download 24 from myspace? not that it matters, but i'd like to tell him off if he's full of it, and would like to keep my mouth shut if its possible and im just an idiot...

thanks

d

What kind of file did he download from iTunes?

You're talking about 24 the TV show, right?

I've never used iTunes, but I think it's possibly to convert pretty much any video file to any format unless it's been DRM'd, but even then it's still possible of you have the liscense key (I've done it with DRM'd WMVs before).

Anything is possible, how easy it was depends on how it was secured. Most likley he found a program that just stripped the drm..probably should not say where to get them. Screw itunes, just stumble across what you want through other means, its surely possible. I can't think of anything that would be itunes exclusive, so instead of breaking the drm just break the law and apropriate it through another source.

yeah... its 24 season 5, here in japan the first few episodes just came out at the video stores for rental-- my dad kept me upto date on the show so ive already seen it-- point is, its super popular over here, and as its just been released there is some buzz over it again among us english teachers.

as for itunes being unencodable-- i swear i heard that somewhere, but im not sure from who.. and the more i think about it, some people online said saving from youtube is impossible too, but we all know its not.

again, he is a known bs-er and im not even sure he remembers im the one who showed him the gp2x in the first place (he was showing off in the office) also, he was convieniently sparse on details about how he changed it-- i downloaded something... well duh!

--which reminds me of a question i forgot to add to the original post. any thoughts on why there is a small band of people out there that need to lie about what the gp can do? I remember back when i got my gp32 that some people on these boards were really dissapointed that the n64 demo they had seen online was a hoax, like there was snowballs chance the gp could emulate the n64 (gp2x for that matter, unless im way off base--which is possible)..

thanks for the feedback

d

ZOMG TEH FAGGITRTY!! FAKES MOVIEZ! ON TEH GP2X?!?!

Anyway, ya, itunes is a drm'd mp4, so converting it to a non drm'd avi is very simple. So yes, you can get movies off of itunes and use them on the gp2x and itunes movies are already 320x240 so ya.

adrifter posted on Sep 10 2006 at 10:37 AM said:
yeah... its 24 season 5, here in japan the first few episodes just came out at the video stores for rental-- my dad kept me upto date on the show so ive already seen it-- point is, its super popular over here, and as its just been released there is some buzz over it again among us english teachers.

wait. Your an english teacher and you have a GP2X? My english teacher still calls every MP3 player an Ipod. You sir, are the greatest teacher ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Claym99 posted on Sep 10 2006 at 03:44 PM said:

wait. Your an english teacher and you have a GP2X? My english teacher still calls every MP3 player an Ipod. You sir, are the greatest teacher ever.
English as in he/she is in japan teaching english like you learn spanish/french/german/latin.

Carrying on with the tangeant, one of our lecturers shocked us... because he asked my friend if was playing a GP2X... (this was before even the 1st Editions had shipped) He was holding a DS at the time...

PokeParadox posted on Sep 10 2006 at 02:35 PM said:
Carrying on with the tangeant, one of our lecturers shocked us... because he asked my friend if was playing a GP2X... (this was before even the 1st Editions had shipped) He was holding a DS at the time...

well...at least he knew about the GP2X...even if that was a dumb mistake on his part.

Claym99 posted on Sep 10 2006 at 07:44 PM said:

well thanks-- but as someone mentioned-- your idea of an english teacher, and what i do all day are probably very different. I basically play games with kids, and chat with adults all day, (4-6 classes) while trying to improve their english skills. Its a pretty sweet job actually.

one of the unexpected benefits too is that other teachers come from all over, and tend to be pretty openminded, interesting people too (though a couple would probably remind you of HS english 101 teachers--grammer grammer grammer --but im wandering...)-- we are all in our 20s so there is plenty of drinking after work, and talking about drinking with our buisnessmen students. and japan/asia is basically the tech mecca of the world, so we can play with any new gadget that comes along... if you get the chance-- you should try teaching in japan.

d

Claym99 posted on Sep 10 2006 at 02:44 PM said:

PSyMastR posted on Sep 10 2006 at 02:49 PM said:
Claym99 posted on Sep 10 2006 at 03:44 PM said:

English as in he/she is in japan teaching english like you learn spanish/french/german/latin.

Yea every teacher thinks an mp3 player is an ipod which dissapoints me, cause there's stuff alot better than ipods lol (gp2x? anyone?) but that job of your sounds kick ass man, I'd definatly think of that, even though teaching isn't really something I'd like to do.

yeah.. its really kinda cool... sometimes i think that something is lame our dumb etc.. then i try to say so to my buddies back home and they tell me what real work problems are like-- helps give me some perspective.

if you get the chance look into it, its a good job for anyone for just a year or even a few months-- can pay for an extended vacation abroad at least.

as for better than i-pods-- i have an iriver, and i feel that its much better. i have line in, radio, and voice recording which gives me lots of options for low-tech ripping of songs etc-- 1 AA will last me a week, and the interface doesnt try to keep track of whats on my player-- and delete stuff thats no longer on the computer. Thats why i put it on my player in the 1st place-- i dont want it on my com.

looks like Ipod is gonna go the way of 'kleenex' 'zerox' 'limo' and 'oreos'-- a brand that so represents a type of product that the brand name becomes a more common than the general term (who in N.America really says hand me a tissue?)-- SUX--

(thats the linguistics major in me-- not the english teacher--sorry to those who dozed off.)

well.. trying to finish this topic off back on topic-- the consensus seems to be that my buddy may not be full of it-- but it would be easier to find videos from somewhere else? missing anything?

Back