Hardware issue with the USB 2.0 port

Zero3K

Website
Visit site
Devices plugged into it won't work unless they aren't plugged in fully (for example, I have to slowly plug in the wifi dongle I just got until it shows that a wireless network is being connected to). How do I fix it so I can fully plug it and other devices in?

Push it in the rest of the way, I guess. I don't really understand your problem. Is something on the dongle and other things getting in the way, or is a piece of the case preventing full insertion?

Sounds like it may be an issue with the socket, I'm not sure what there could be to do other than get the USB port replaced.

Push it in the rest of the way, I guess. I don't really understand your problem. Is something on the dongle and other things getting in the way, or is a piece of the case preventing full insertion?

Nothings on the dongle. The case isn't preventing it to be pushed all in the way. When I push it in all the way, the dongle is no longer detected.
[doublepost=1463181477,1463181390][/doublepost]
Sounds like it may be an issue with the socket, I'm not sure what there could be to do other than get the USB port replaced.

Could it either be a contact issue or that the connector isn't where it should be?

It could be that a pin may have been pushed out of alignment or something causing a contact issue, could shine a bright light on it and take a look.

Ok, now I get it. If you push it in all the way it is disconnected. For some reason I thought you were saying that you were unable to push it all the way in. Not sure why I had trouble understanding.

I think TrashyMG is right. Everything I try to type to respond with you guys have already said by the time I start typing it, so just look in there like he said and I will let him help you for now.

It could be that a pin may have been pushed out of alignment or something causing a contact issue, could shine a bright light on it and take a look.

Should all the pins be raised slightly? It looks like the leftmost one isn't.

Hrmm... you may be able to use a small sewing needle or something to get under the contact and gently pull it back up. But I could see this being a very delicate operation.

Hrmm... you may be able to use a small sewing needle or something to get under the contact and gently pull it back up. But I could see this being a very delicate operation.

I don't think I could do that. I'd rather not have to send it to Germany again. Hopefully someone in the US can fix it (along with the joysticks and shoulder buttons) so I don't have to wait as long to get it back.

It's most likely something you plugged into the Pandora that damaged it. Those sockets are typically pretty durable.

It's most likely something you plugged into the Pandora that damaged it. Those sockets are typically pretty durable.

The other devices that I had plugged into it before were another wifi dongle and some usb sticks.

Yes, sounds like a bent contact. I thought that all USB contacts were pysically glued to the substrate, and were only elevated by their thickness, but I guess not - unless it's the contact between the socket and the PCB inside the Pandora that's failing.

Yes, sounds like a bent contact. I thought that all USB contacts were pysically glued to the substrate, and were only elevated by their thickness, but I guess not - unless it's the contact between the socket and the PCB inside the Pandora that's failing.

I fixed it by taping the dongle while it was connected to the network. Now it will stay there no matter what I do.

EDIT: Actually, I really fixed it this time. I stuck a piece of cardboard in the space where the dongle and metal pins meet (which keeps it pushed down so it can have a proper connection to the copper pins) and then taped the remainder onto it.

Last edited:
Back