Is This Possible?

kfc v lot

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Right so i have had my trusty gp2x for a couple of years now and only recently started to wonder this. Is it possible to have the gp2x performing tv out duties and some how plugging in two usb joypads? If so how do i go about this?

Thanks

You can still find them on eBay, used and new. I got mine a few weeks ago from Gecko-Gamers, brand new and boxed, together with a brand new boxed F200. Look here

Alternatively, you could build your own interface. Just get something that fits the EXT port. A TV-out cable would be ideal, since it already has the TV-out :D but it seems some Samsung cellphone datacables also use the same connector. You have to pass the USB signal to a powered hub, since the 2x doesn't provide any power. Then you can connect your devices to the hub. For info on the pinout of the EXT port, look in the wiki.

Squirrel61 said:
You can still find them on eBay, used and new. I got mine a few weeks ago from Gecko-Gamers, brand new and boxed, together with a brand new boxed F200. Look here

Alternatively, you could build your own interface. Just get something that fits the EXT port. A TV-out cable would be ideal, since it already has the TV-out :D but it seems some Samsung cellphone datacables also use the same connector. You have to pass the USB signal to a powered hub, since the 2x doesn't provide any power. Then you can connect your devices to the hub. For info on the pinout of the EXT port, look in the wiki.

i don't think you can use connector from a tv-out cable - different pins soldered i think (course could solder your own but kinda tricky i would guess?)

Last edited by a moderator:
peelie said:
i don't think you can use connector from a tv-out cable - different pins soldered i think (course could solder your own but kinda tricky i would guess?)

I don't know the TV-out cable, but if it's fully pinned, you can just add the USB wires to the connector. If it's got only the pins necessary for the TV-out signals, you need to get a fully pinned connector (ripped from a Samsung or LG data cable?), then transfer the TV-out cable to the new connector and add the USB wires.

Regarding USB, I think when connecting D+ and D- and GND to a powered USB hub, it should work but I haven't tried since I have the cradle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back