Usb Keyboard Help

chiefsmurph

Still Fresh
I just got a powered usb hub and have everything working fine, but when I go into qtopia and start typing something on the keyboard, qtopia starts going crazy. (Windows start popping up and it goes into applications) Right before this though, I can see some numbers for every character I push.

Edit: I just tried plugging a mac keyboard/mouse and it did the same thing. Just started writing 62452 or something over and over again. Had to restart.

chiefsmurph posted on Sep 7 2006 at 09:05 PM said:
I just got a powered usb hub and have everything working fine, but when I go into qtopia and start typing something on the keyboard, qtopia starts going crazy. (Windows start popping up and it goes into applications) Right before this though, I can see some numbers for every character I push.

Edit: I just tried plugging a mac keyboard/mouse and it did the same thing. Just started writing 62452 or something over and over again. Had to restart.

I'm having a similar problem, tried two different keyboards and they both type garbage in the qtopia console. The strange thing is though when the keyboard is pluged in and the gp2x has just finished booting, the arrow keys work in the root menu, but no where else. I thought v2 firmware had built in keyboard drivers. What gives?

What kind of hub did you get? I have it set up so i have a powered usb host port via an ATX power supply and I tried my buddies hub and it wouldnt let me use the mouse in qtopia with it. Do you need drivers for the hub also?

Last edited by a moderator:
buntz posted on Sep 11 2006 at 10:43 AM said:
chiefsmurph posted on Sep 7 2006 at 09:05 PM said:

I'm having a similar problem, tried two different keyboards and they both type garbage in the qtopia console. The strange thing is though when the keyboard is pluged in and the gp2x has just finished booting, the arrow keys work in the root menu, but no where else. I thought v2 firmware had built in keyboard drivers. What gives?

What kind of hub did you get? I have it set up so i have a powered usb host port via an ATX power supply and I tried my buddies hub and it wouldnt let me use the mouse in qtopia with it. Do you need drivers for the hub also?

I've got a battery powered cyberpower hub. Im still having this problem in qtopia, but I have realized that the keyboard does work in gp2x-gpe. I can open word and start typing in fine. Because of this, I think the problem lies in the way that qtopia is handling keyboard input. Gpe seems to analyze the keystrokes better.

You don't need drivers to use a hub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah my porblem with the hub was coming from a lack of a filter circut but I have since taken care of that. Does your keyboard work in the sterm terminal under the folder nstuff in your NAND memory?

But getting back on track, has anyone had success with attaching a USB keyboard to your GP2X and using it in qtopia?

Maybe theres a difference in the way gpe handlings keyboard input and qtopia does. Wasn't the guy who ported qtopia korean? Out of curiosity, do they use special korean keyboards? Maybe he didn't take into account an english keyboard...but what do I know

Back