Is the Pandora still available? And some other questions

UndenedRadio

Still Fresh
Hey everyone, i found the Pandora a couple days ago and i really want to get one. I had a few questions and i thought this would be the place to ask them, if not im very sorry. So for my first question, these cost $500 and are still available in the U.S. correct? My second question, is it like hard to use this? As in, with me being a windows user and only using Linux a couple of time would i be able to catch on quickly? Third question, If i do get one, how do i get games to work? i know you have to have an emulator but do you download it directly from the device? or from your computer to your Pandora. Thanks for reading this, and i hope i get a response soon. Again, sorry if this is in the wrong area =/

Yep you can get it shipped to the us. I have one here in good old Nebraska and when I ordered it I did the 48hr shipping and got it in 6 days. Its worth the price

So for my first question, these cost $500 and are still available in the U.S. correct?
Well, shipped from the UK, but yes, available all over the world.

My second question, is it like hard to use this? As in, with me being a windows user and only using Linux a couple of time would i be able to catch on quickly?
Can you create a directory? Can you download a file and then copy it to another location? Can you poke a screen with your finger? Congratulations, you can use the Pandora. :p

Third question, If i do get one, how do i get games to work? i know you have to have an emulator but do you download it directly from the device?
Download PND files from the app store or other location (some developers upload their programs to their own websites, so sometimes searching is involved) and copy them to your SD card. Put them in the proper directory and they will just appear for you to run. Not just emulators, but all kinds of programs, from word processors and spreadsheet applications to web browsers and natively developed games. If you're worried about the interface, the Pandora comes with two: xfce is a full blown multitasking desktop with it's own "start" button and task bar; minimenu is a simplified, singletasking, finger friendly interface.

You can download PND files on your desktop and copy them to the SD card, or download them directly on the Pandora.

Emulators will probably be the most difficult to get working. Many of them require a "bios" file in order to run, which is copyright code available on the original system; acquiring that bios file has proved challenging for some, but google can usually help in these cases.

Hey everyone, i found the Pandora a couple days ago and i really want to get one. I had a few questions and i thought this would be the place to ask them, if not im very sorry. So for my first question, these cost $500 and are still available in the U.S. correct? My second question, is it like hard to use this? As in, with me being a windows user and only using Linux a couple of time would i be able to catch on quickly? Third question, If i do get one, how do i get games to work? i know you have to have an emulator but do you download it directly from the device? or from your computer to your Pandora. Thanks for reading this, and i hope i get a response soon. Again, sorry if this is in the wrong area =/
Yes, they are available for $500, and even in seven days instead of two+ years...

It's not hard to use if you just want to use PNDs (PNDs are about like the .exes on windows, you need to place them on your sd in a specific folder an then it shows up on your desktop/startmenu/both). You can download them either directly with your Pandora or with a PC. But if you want something which there is no PND for it becomes way harder fast.

For an emulator you just download it's PND to the right place, copy bios files where they belong if needed (you need to look at the readme of the emulators. In the menu under documentation) and launch it, then you can load your roms from wherever you want.

Edit: I'm just too slow... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy mine now but i will say it was very hard for me.

It took a lot of effort and i am not a patient person. :angry:

Heck i pissed off 3/4 of the people in this forum. :D

Last edited:
We're always here to help you anyway, so I'm sure you and your future Pandora will be happy together. You won't regret it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

i have never used unix and have had no problem getting emulators to work just by following online documentation. i'm a computer dumbo and if i can get it working i am sure you can too :)

Most people here have never used pure unix :p you mean linux
Whenever I see "I have never used Unix/Linux" in my head it reads "I've never used anything other than Windows" and 99% of the time I'm right. The other 1% used a Mac once back in highschool :p

Thanks a lot guys for respond, i kind of forgot to check this after i posted it. And i really hope i can get this for my birthday/christmas, it looks very fun and somewhat easy to use :p But thanks again for the help and support i guess :)

Most people here have never used pure unix :p you mean linux
Whenever I see "I have never used Unix/Linux" in my head it reads "I've never used anything other than Windows" and 99% of the time I'm right. The other 1% used a Mac once back in highschool :p
that is very observant of you, considering those are the only other major OSes out there :)

Back