Is My 'x' Button Dying?

darklight1138

I've had my Wiz since Christmas and I have played the crap out of it, so maybe I've worn down my 'x' button. I barely touch it now and it registers a press. It's almost like it's one of those fancy buttonless touch screen things because I just barely brush it when pressing another button and it registers. Oh well.

darklight1138 said:
I've had my Wiz since Christmas and I have played the crap out of it, so maybe I've worn down my 'x' button. I barely touch it now and it registers a press. It's almost like it's one of those fancy buttonless touch screen things because I just barely brush it when pressing another button and it registers. Oh well.

Must be a capacitive button :)
I just took my Wiz apart to do the dpad mod and its not that bad, if your careful you can probly fix it, or maybe just contact thinkgeek I think the wiz has a year warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
I think you have the same problem ive had with 2 previous wiz',Im on my third now.Its the silicone pad inside the wiz underneath both d pads,after a lot of use,it tares and is impossible to fix with glue or any other way i can think of,and you cant get replacement parts either.
You are probably heavy handed like me and press the buttons a little too hard.compared to the nintendo ds or psp,the wiz is very poorly made,maybe you should go for a cannoo!
mike

Yeah you're probably right. I probably press it too hard, plus I play it daily.

Oh well. Wonder how much longer before it doesn't work. Guess I'll give ThinkGeek a call.

My x button died :( God this sucks. You can still press it but it will get locked down.

ThinkGeek only has a 30 day return policy. I'll contact them on a business day. In the mean time, does anyone know or have experience with the warranty? Will ThinkGeek replace it or do I have to deal with GP2X? I play this every day so I'm addicted to it. I HAVE to have one.

I am updating this for the benefit of anyone who's interested.

Edit - I found a thread on here where someone had a problem with their Caanoo and they provided an email address. Contacted GPH today via that email and got a response back within a few hours. Pretty impressive. The message said I could send it to Korea for repair under warranty. Good news. Will contact ThinkGeek tomorrow to see if they can do better.

Edit 2 - Oh well. ThinkGeek won't do anything :( On to Korea I guess.

Anyone know what the [ spam ] to ship there is?

Edit - It's on its way to Korea. Only shy of $14. Now the long wait begins.

Back