Is it possible to port ANNO 1602?

Viking

I wonder if it's possible to port ANNO 1602 to the Pandora. Would really love to see that game on my pandora, played it a lot as a kid!

I wonder if it's possible to port ANNO 1602 to the Pandora. Would really love to see that game on my pandora, played it a lot as a kid!
I can't find any source code available.

ANNO 1602 is not open source. Unknown Horizons is an open source game of a similar nature. I haven't tried the game myself nor have I checked the source. However, given its system requirements I don't expect it to work on the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
FIFE does not necessarily require OpenGL and all other dependencies don't look like they would need a lot of effort, so I don't see a problem in getting it to run.

Unknown Horizons Looks Amazing :D but it says it needs a 2ghz cpu speed

Maybe you can find a different one on this LIST OF OPEN SOURCE GAMES ?

Indeed FIFE engine is too heavy for pandora. I know that the project team is working to optimize their engine, I havent heard any result yet.

Beside this list of games is far from being complete. you'll find more here and here and in many others places.

Hi this is an old Thread but i dont want to make a new Thread because only the Information:
Anno 1602 Work perfectly on the Pandora over the good old Qemu.pnd

Here is a short Testvideo to view :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Rvl8LfNac

Why do appear Youtubevideos not more Embedded?

Only the cool kids can do this:

Why do appear Youtubevideos not more Embedded?

You can embed them by clicking the Insert other medium button at the bottom right and clicking Insert Image from URL.

-Neelix

Awesome! Is it just the qemu.pnd from the repro and the Anno iso, or do I need Windows 95 or any special settings?

You must create a Qemu Windows95 Image first for using Windows95 on the Pandora.

The hard Thing is to optimize that Win95 for faster working after installation.

A howto should be in my Signature :)

Back