Is it possible to install tor-browser in Pyra?

You can turn almost any mozilla browser into something that passes check.torproject.org without too much trouble. Just take a mozilla browser, such as firefox, set the proxy in the network settings, and install noscript and configure that and you're good to go, once you've installed and started tor that is.

Edit: I'm aware that the tor faq specifically warns us away from configuring other browsers to use tor, but I've been using tor from before it even offered a browser so that was the only way to do it.

You can turn almost any mozilla browser into something that passes check.torproject.org without too much trouble. Just take a mozilla browser, such as firefox, set the proxy in the network settings, and install noscript and configure that and you're good to go, once you've installed and started tor that is.

Edit: I'm aware that the tor faq specifically warns us away from configuring other browsers to use tor, but I've been using tor from before it even offered a browser so that was the only way to do it.
I didn't knew that.

such as firefox

Just don't forget to disable the "features" that Mozilla seems to think that people want.

Method 1:

Method 2:

Method 3:

Privacy concerns are not my priority for this. I'm a security engineer, and tor browser is very convenient to trigger particular security alerts. It is even used in some certifications like Azure.

In summary I just need something that allows me to force a country origin at my will and easily changes the source IP address.

As for my default browser I'm going to replace firefox at some point seeing how it is evolving.

Tor browser doesn't let you choose country of exit. Now it's true for me at least that most of the time I come out in somewhere that doesn't speak english, judging by the ads I get served occasionally (although I only ever get served static jpeg ads because I turn off unnecessary scripting), but that's presumably an indication of where most of the exit nodes are. You can reinit tor which causes it to create a new circuit and in effect find you a new exit node, and you could keep doing that until you find an acceptable country to spoof as, but I suspect some countries have no exit nodes in, and some might be so low in percentage of exit nodes that it takes you forever to get them as an exit node. If you want to pretend to be from another country, it's far more effective to pay for a VPN, especially if privacy concerns are not your major worry.

VPN is another solution I agree. But is not as convenient, I don't want to send all my traffic through this other connection, this means playing with routes or connecting a virtual machine through the VPN, or other things. It is an overkill solution for this use case.

Besides I don't want to create an account or even pay for something I need 5 minutes every few months. Tor browser just solved the issue with a few clicks.

Back