Is It Me, Or Has The Ds Dried Up?

I played Nanostray 1 and i didnt much like it. Treasure should pull their fingers out their asses and bring us Ikaruga on ds. Hell they dont even need to use both screens. they could use the top screen and shove a picture of a penguin on the bottom screen for all i care. as long as they port ikaruga to ds im happy
Pretty much anything Treasure releases on the DS ought to be golden. They really haven't released a bad game yet. :) I guess I'm kind of glad the other consoles are too expensive for Treasure to want to develop for in force-- since I really don't want to buy any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Treasure, AstroBoy (yes, fuckin AstroBoy) on the GBA is phenominal. Its basically a very customizable shooter with a touch of platforming, some secrets, and other goodies thrown in. Its so good you'd step over your grandmother to play.

But really, its a great game.

I keep hearing about it from a Treasure-fanatic friend. I'll absolutely try it ASAP. :) A nearby shop has it REALLY cheap. Hopefully I don't need to know the story to play though, as it'll be in Japanese.

Just started FF3. It looks absolutely beautiful, graphics and FMV are so lush.

It seems a little slow to play, there are a few annoying pauses in the game, like before and after a fight. And the fights seem very slow, annoying when there are so many of them.

But it's FF. I think this could be okay. It only got okay reviews, sadly. But for the graphics, blimey...

U dont need to know anything about Astroboy to play it on the GBA. The GBA game is basically episodes from the tv show pieced together in what is one heck of an amazing game. 'tis the only game I have on GBA now.

And come on Treasure, Ikaruga on ds! U know u want to make it.

Have just finally finished P.Wright 2.

What a great game! A great story, and a brilliant ending! And it took me, on and off, a good three weeks-not bad value!!!!

9/10

Never played Gunstar Super Heroes but for some reason it doesnt appeal to me as much as the original.
Um, how can you make an assertion like that without playing it? Give it a shot, the gameplay feels mostly the same. There's just some changes like a different weapon system, really-- but it does feel like the original.

I will give it ago but im one of those gamers who likes to stay close to his roots and remember the games he played growing up. Thats not to mean that I dont like any of the newer games that are released. I play ds, psp, gamecube, xbox, ps2 games, etc. and I enjoy the vast majority of them. Its just most of the time, the older games have better gameplay and thats why I remember them more than some of the newer games released nowadays.
I'll certainly give it a go when i find the time to download it.

All this speak of Gunstar Heroes has got me itching for Chrono Twins on ds and, hopefully, the proposed Metroid Dread (if its still in development.)

I understand where you are coming from; for example Sonic's transition to the GBA was pure horseshit (same for the DS, sadly. Mario transitioned nicely, though.) Gunstar Heroes was reinvented extremely well and while I think the original GSH was superior, GSSH is an absolute GBA must-have.

Just started FF3. It looks absolutely beautiful, graphics and FMV are so lush.

It seems a little slow to play, there are a few annoying pauses in the game, like before and after a fight. And the fights seem very slow, annoying when there are so many of them.

But it's FF. I think this could be okay. It only got okay reviews, sadly. But for the graphics, blimey...
Um, there is something wrong with your game then, as there are no pauses before and after fights.

FF3 is an amazing game.

I suggest you all try Elite Beat Agents, great game if you like music based games.

It's just a tiny stop, but it isn't bothering me. I'm loving it!!!! It must be good to be able to comfort me in my hour of ending P.Wright 2 (the best DS game so far...)

I have played EBA to death, and am battling through Ouesendannnythingy or whatever it is (Jap version).

The DS is flaying!

Yeah EBA was funky... shame about the whole AGENTS thing and a few of the songs are utter crap. But I had fun beating that game. :)

I wish PW2 lasted a bit longer for me... actually no I don't otherwise I would have got less uni work done... hmmm...

It's just a tiny stop, but it isn't bothering me. I'm loving it!!!! It must be good to be able to comfort me in my hour of ending P.Wright 2 (the best DS game so far...)

I have played EBA to death, and am battling through Ouesendannnythingy or whatever it is (Jap version).

The DS is flaying!

Objection!

Metroid prime: hunters is a very nice game. It's probably been mentioned already, but I'm all to happy to reiterate it.

I liked the GBA sonic game, but just couldn't get into Sonic rush.

But FF3 is getting better and better. Tough as nails, easy to suddenly die etc. But just a beautiful game...

My issue with the whole Sonic Advance series (this includes Sonic Rush since it is the same engine written by Dimps, the games weren't even developed by Sonic Team) is that they have basically no gameplay. You run to the right, and occasionally tap A. There are barely any enemies, and the few enemies there are (spaced miles apart) have cheap attacks and just walk back and forth in predefined paths very boringly. Most of the time you'll die in Sonic Rush is flying off a cliff at 900 MpH because there was no indication it was coming and no chance to react, even though the game is constantly encouraging you to go faster and faster-- which will get you killed! ... The bosses in Sonic Advance 2/3 were also very boring, and had one hit kill attacks that would kill you even if you had 200 rings. WTF?

On top of all that, the music is mostly very bad, especially Sonic Rush's which sounds like a rap song put in a blender played at 6x its normal speed... the graphics were recycled and pretty mediocre through the GBA games. Sonic Rush's graphics are top-notch, but the game just isn't fun, which really defeats the purpose. The 3D sonic model also looks sort of goofy and out of place, like a paper cutout, compared to how Mario's 3D model looks in New Super Mario Bros.

Really just a lot of wasted potential. Sonic Team said they were going 'back to their roots' 3 times now-- Sonic Rush was one of those. Well, it doesn't feel a bit like the classic games. They seemed to think the root of classic Sonic games was speed- it wasn't. It was speed and gameplay. They completely omitted gameplay, and that's why the games just plain are not fun. This seems to be the exact same issue with StH for 360... :p

Yeah EBA was funky... shame about the whole AGENTS thing and a few of the songs are utter crap. But I had fun beating that game. :)

I wish PW2 lasted a bit longer for me... actually no I don't otherwise I would have got less uni work done... hmmm...
Did I ever post my DS Lite here after me beating the game completely and unlocking Commander Kahn as a dancer? LOL. I should have bought a screen protector. Its better to see it in person, but you can see the marks on my bottom screen. Damn spinners...

IMG_1812.jpg

Back