Is It Me, Or Has The Ds Dried Up?

PW2 seems longer, and is the most fun I have had with my ds.

I ordered PW2 and Ouendan from play asia for my birthday - PW2 does have some rather shocking typos, but not enough to justify waiting months for the release! Although to ask you guys - was PW2 significantly shorter than PW1 (including the extra case) or about the same length? Either way, it's cheaper, so it would still be good value.

As for Ouendan, I played Stepmania a lot but didn't really get into Beatmania. Hopefully I'll "latch" onto Ouendan though; your comment about loving bemani games but not Ouendan unnerved me a bit :(

in all fairness i didnt give it much of a chance, the control system put me off straight away and i remember the first song being a bit of a noise, not much of a tune, im now going to make a reall effort to try it again seeing as everyone is saying how good it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that most games try to show similar stuff on both screens annoys me. This stops any 3d graphics, and makes most games looks similar to GBA. I know it isn't the point but 2d often looks stale on DS.

Also, isn't FFIII DS out today in America? If so, I'm gonna garotte you bastards! You selfish meanies!

Yeah it does seems very much like the original... maybe too much so? Also I think the music is not nearly as good.
The first level is almost the exact same thing... kind of strange. And, at least compared to the original, the music is UTTERLY HORRIBLE. Where's my energetic, frantic boss music? Really, the soundtrack is abysmal. There isn't even a different sound for picking up a coin than picking up a star!

The music and sound effects were without a doubt one of the reasons why the original Yoshi's Island was such a success. But if you can get past that, the gameplay is pretty good. The levels are a bit longer, and a bit tougher, which is good as long as you don't get bored. I'm making my way through world 2 now, I'll mention how it goes.

Very disappointing music though :(

and nanostray2 got 614nt 3n3my cr4b http://www.nanostray2.com/about/screens/
A sequel to Nanostray? Excellent, that was a great game. This looks good already. The only thing that bothered me about it was changing weapons with the touchscreen, since the old DS' screen wasn't that sensitive to you jabbing at it with your thumbs instead of a stylus. I'm happy to report the Lite's touchscreen is far more sensitive even to the lightest touches, making weapon switching a cinch. :)

I'm more concerned with the design of the system and quality of gameplay in its library than how the characters' faces look in some RPG. The artistic talent or lack thereof of one developer doesn't reflect the platform very well.

I'm more concerned with the design of the system and quality of gameplay in its library than how the characters' faces look in some RPG. The artistic talent or lack thereof of one developer doesn't reflect the platform very well.
Who said I didn't like it? It's a good game, but the faces are fugly.

Cool news on Nanostray 2. I loved the first one, despite the touchscreen change weapons and scan bosses gimmic as epicenter mentioned.

I played Nanostray 1 and i didnt much like it. Treasure should pull their fingers out their asses and bring us Ikaruga on ds. Hell they dont even need to use both screens. they could use the top screen and shove a picture of a penguin on the bottom screen for all i care. as long as they port ikaruga to ds im happy

Back