Is It Me, Or Has The Ds Dried Up?

I can't believe you guys pirate current-gen titles. Shame on you, if you spring for a commercial system, then spring for the games as well...

- Alex

I can\'t believe you guys pirate current-gen titles. Shame on you, if you spring for a commercial system, then spring for the games as well...

- Alex
yeah be careful guys. Karma may get you back and you may be banned for a few days!!!!!

I can\'t believe you guys pirate current-gen titles. Shame on you, if you spring for a commercial system, then spring for the games as well...

- Alex
yeah be careful guys. Karma may get you back and you may be banned for a few days!!!!!
Lighten up. I made a crack at you just like you made cracks at others, quit taking these things so personally and so seriously. Quit bitching about getting banned, it really shouldn't upset you that much. I'm just surprised how sensitive you still are at the whole pre-order issue, if you'll recall I was one of the few that actually backed you up when everyone was wishing you coal for Christmas.

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
I am njoying Phonix Wright 2 SO much!

And there are so many good games around at th moment. Children of Mana, Contact, 42 gams etc!

The DS is a great machine. The M3 supercard makes it the best Gameboy Emulator there is...

- Alex
Lighten up. I made a crack at you just like you made cracks at others, quit taking these things so personally and so seriously. Quit bitching about getting banned, it really shouldn't upset you that much. I'm just surprised how sensitive you still are at the whole pre-order issue, if you'll recall I was one of the few that actually backed you up when everyone was wishing you coal for Christmas.

- Alex
haha you're right. I stand corrected, my bad :D

Basically, import. It seems that Castlevania: POR, Contact and Yoshi's Island will hit the US months before they hit Europe. And Phoenix Wright 2 is already out (for £17, no less) in Japan with a perfectly serviceable English translation, yet it won't reach the US 'til next year.

Well that's wat I intend to do, Rico. Because of the delays in ds games being released over here in europe, I'm being forced to import them. Just waiting on Starfox command and Mario Slam Basketball coming and I'll be importing Contact and FF3 in time for xmas. But nintendo should really sort out all the delays. If i remember correctly, nintendo said europe was a key continent that they needed to conquer if they were to remain on top of the handheld market and if they want to get on top on the home console market.

This xmas, in europe at least, looks like its gonna be a psp win. GTA: Vice City Stories up against Yoshis Island 2. I think we all know whats gonna sell more and shift more consoles.

Basically, import. It seems that Castlevania: POR, Contact and Yoshi's Island will hit the US months before they hit Europe. And Phoenix Wright 2 is already out (for £17, no less) in Japan with a perfectly serviceable English translation, yet it won't reach the US 'til next year.
I've finished Phoenix Wright 2, there are quite a few typos, so probably the delay is for spellchecking and such. I found it quite a bit more difficult than the first Phoenix Wright.

I'm stationed in Japan at the moment and I don't see any slowdown in the release of DS games; there's been a pretty steady flow of them to the shelves. I just picked up Rockman ZX and the new Kirby game, whose Japanese name I am unsure of but it's going to be called "Squeak Squad" apparently when it comes to the states and probably the same in Europe/other regions. While not as new, I picked up New Super Mario Bros. as well, and some GBA titles (there's always GBA titles to try.. I love just going to the store, finding some random neat-looking Japanese GBA game and buying it for $7.

I've got an M3 Lite flash card with a 1gb MicroSD card coming sometime this week, can't wait to get it. Then I'll be doing some pretty serious music playback, video playback, emulation and running homebrew apps on it. I'm especially looking forward to doing some web surfing from it (it's a lot more practical than I expected, given the touchscreen and 2nd display). There's also a WiFi survey tool I want to try out.. it lists SSIDs, encryption type (if any) and signal strength of WiFi networks in the area. Much more convenient and inconspicious, so I don't need to bust out my laptop to look for an AP, and I can tell where one is before I sit down to use it. The ports of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom and Quake seem to be coming along fantastically as well. :)

I'm really in love with the Lite. I used to hate the DS for ergonomic reasons, but they really fixed every problem I had with it. And now games finally begin to make decent use of the 2nd display, which was really my final complaint. It's pretty much replaced my GP2X by this point.

I've finished Phoenix Wright 2, there are quite a few typos, so probably the delay is for spellchecking and such. I found it quite a bit more difficult than the first Phoenix Wright.

the japanese version of phoenix wright 2 has english text????

on the other side of things i have to admit, i didnt enjoy ossu outake ouenden (i know i havent got the name right) i love all bemani/rythm games but not this, maybe i'll try the us release. i hear it has all new music and everything.

the japanese version of phoenix wright 2 has english text????

on the other side of things i have to admit, i didnt enjoy ossu outake ouenden (i know i havent got the name right) i love all bemani/rythm games but not this, maybe i'll try the us release. i hear it has all new music and everything.
Yes it does! You choose the language on the menu.

and Osu! was excellent! but I guess not to everyones' tastes.
I'm suprisingly enjoying Elite Beat Agents... I thought I'd hate it... I didn't like the look of the song list, and I hate the whole "We are the musical FBI" crap. But the stories are alright and yeah I find it enjoyable.

I loved Ouendan and still do. I've completed easy, standard, and hard mode completely. I only have to do th last level on Insane to totally complete the game. However, it never gets repetitive. Ive had it for nearly a year now and it still feels surprisingly fresh going through the levels I've already completed trying to get a better score. And plus I just love the music.

I agree with PokeParadox in that the song list for Elite Beat Agents doesnt look all that good but I'll give it a try. Don't let the song list put u off of buying it cause if its as good as Ouendan, it'll be awesome. Whens it set to come out in the UK/Europe?

I played Bleach DS last night with a friend (the load times are kinda long if you play a friend's copy DL'ed over WiFi but you have no limitations, unlike some games where you can only play a limited or mini-game). I have to say I had a lot of fun with it. Very fast responsive gameplay, good graphics and music, very good controls. One of the more enjoyable fighters I've played. I suppose games based on anime series aren't usually very good, but this one really surprised me.

The ability to play a friend's DS card over WiFi without having it yourself is an underrated and incredibly versatile tool, it's far more convenient than the old days with a link cable and 2 copies of the cart or more to play. I don't believe PSP games offer this sort of functionality at all, possibly because the games are on those rather large UMDs instead of smaller, faster ROM cards.

I ordered PW2 and Ouendan from play asia for my birthday - PW2 does have some rather shocking typos, but not enough to justify waiting months for the release! Although to ask you guys - was PW2 significantly shorter than PW1 (including the extra case) or about the same length? Either way, it's cheaper, so it would still be good value.

As for Ouendan, I played Stepmania a lot but didn't really get into Beatmania. Hopefully I'll "latch" onto Ouendan though; your comment about loving bemani games but not Ouendan unnerved me a bit :(

PW2 is hard, I played it pretty much solidly for 3 days... which is about the same as the first one for me. I guess if you just play a little each day it would be more value for money! lol.

I like DDR/StepMania and BeatMania, and I still like Ouendan... so I dunno, just try it and see I guess.

Haha, that's exactly what I did... I played Phoenix Wright 1 over about two weeks. It seemed to last forever - which was a good thing.

Back