Is Firefox Really Better Then Internet Explorer?

Is Firefox Really Better Then Internet Explorer?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• the same

• Total voters

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 28 2005 at 09:22 PM said:
Rico posted on Feb 28 2005 at 06:57 PM said:
As a web designer how can you support IE

I never said I supported it, I just said I have nothing against people using it.
Well, that's implicitly supporting it, if you want to get technical. I personally don't like the fact that people are using it so widely.

Last edited by a moderator:
LHC posted on Feb 28 2005 at 03:41 PM said:
bast525 posted on Feb 28 2005 at 02:53 PM said:
IE works fine for me  :p
Is this all?

Personally, I use Internet Explorer because I'm an uncultured luddite who has never learned how to appreciate high-quality products, and the finer things in life. I watch MTV religiously and feel no urge to seek out different music, since the songs they play "sound fine to me". My simple primate brain has been bombarded with the platitude "if it aint broke dont fix it" since early childhood, and the idea of seeking improvement simply for the sake of improvement seems alien to me. I cannot understand why anyone would want a great product instead of settling for a good one, which is why I ask others "internet explorer works fine for me so why should I bother upgrading?". I don't bother replacing my shoes until they have at least 7 holes in them, and it baffles me that anyone would do so earlier. My mobile phone resembles a brick used in the construction of a Victorian house, but this doesnt bother me - it still makes calls.

I do not respect my own life enough to realise that I deserve a higher quality web-browsing experience than the one foisted on me by the faceless barons siting in the Dell boardroom. It matters not which browser I use to aimlessly pass the time until death releases me from the bland, featureless internet world which I am doomed to inhabit for the entirity of my pitiful existence.

WTF???? This is pretty damn far to go to insult me simply because I don't have a problem with using IE. So everyone who uses IE is just such a moron eh? With our simple primate brains.... get off it dude :rolleyes:

I can't believe anyone would be so retarded as to judge someone based on what friggin internet browser they use....

Rico posted on Mar 1 2005 at 01:47 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 28 2005 at 09:22 PM said:
Rico posted on Feb 28 2005 at 06:57 PM said:
As a web designer how can you support IE

I never said I supported it, I just said I have nothing against people using it.
Well, that's implicitly supporting it, if you want to get technical. I personally don't like the fact that people are using it so widely.

That's back to my personal preference point I think :rolleyes: !!!!!

bast525 posted on Mar 1 2005 at 06:22 AM said:
WTF???? This is pretty damn far to go to insult me simply because I don't have a problem with using IE. So everyone who uses IE is just such a moron eh? With our simple primate brains.... get off it dude :rolleyes:

I can't believe anyone would be so retarded as to judge someone based on what friggin internet browser they use....
This is satire man :(

The internet really is a serious business!

LHC posted on Mar 1 2005 at 04:35 PM said:
bast525 posted on Mar 1 2005 at 06:22 AM said:
WTF???? This is pretty damn far to go to insult me simply because I don't have a problem with using IE. So everyone who uses IE is just such a moron eh? With our simple primate brains.... get off it dude  :rolleyes: 

This is satire man :(

The internet really is a serious business!

This is the difference between British and American comedy. :p (Prepares for the flame throwers.;))

Trooper

*lights a match* :p

eh well a joke is a joke then but it sure seemed like an insult to me. well whatever I'm going to use what I'm going to use and if that makes you think I'm stupid well whatever works for you.

bast525 posted on Mar 2 2005 at 02:11 AM said:

eh well a joke is a joke then but it sure seemed like an insult to me. well whatever I'm going to use what I'm going to use and if that makes you think I'm stupid well whatever works for you.

just make sure your spyware blockers are all up to date. ;) :p

toxibunny posted on Mar 2 2005 at 11:43 AM said:
bast525 posted on Mar 2 2005 at 02:11 AM said:

just make sure your spyware blockers are all up to date. ;) :p

and run them every day

I've not got a firewall, adblocker or anything. Why get paranoid? I've been ok and I'm sure my PC runs faster for it.

ste_167 posted on Mar 2 2005 at 02:48 AM said:
I've not got a firewall, adblocker or anything. Why get paranoid? I've been ok and I'm sure my PC runs faster for it.

Some people use their computers for sensitive stuff, Such as on-line banking etc.

Trooper

ste_167 posted on Mar 2 2005 at 01:48 AM said:

And I cross busy motorways with my eyes closed... no point being too careful eh?

:D :D

ste_167 posted on Mar 2 2005 at 01:25 AM said:
don't worry, it's got a lot of replies and afterall this is General Talk not GP32 Talk ;)

erm "General discussion about GP32."

but what the heck

moz posted on Mar 2 2005 at 03:37 AM said:
ste_167 posted on Mar 2 2005 at 01:25 AM said:
don't worry, it's got a lot of replies and afterall this is General Talk not GP32 Talk ;)

but what the heck

Well it is really, We use web browsers to view GP32x etc, Which is GP32 related. :p

Trooper

moz posted on Mar 2 2005 at 02:37 AM said:

but what the heck
Can you stop doing the moderating for me? Thanks.

Back