Is Craig Tipping Us Off?

This, indeed, is torture.

It seems like they are tying to get us as exited as possible by letting us wait a bit.

But i guess we havn't got anything on them, cus all games are for freeee.

The only internet traffic from my computer right now is: Refreshing the results page, over and over :p

hmm, have you had a rather underwhelming response from the coders craigix?

i've noticed you've said a few times that you've had to hunt out updated versions yourself, seems kinda weird considerings its a compo!

i think i speak for a lot of people when i say i just hope os9xgp has been entered.

ThunderZ said recently he wouldn't be able to enter the extended compo with neogp32 and theres no chance of fgen, which should be out very soon anyway, i wonder what games are going to get an update?

Today's GBAX update:

15th June: GP32BLU's are on the way to us, so you only have a tiny amount of time left to take up the 166mhz + smc r/w offer.

Now, with the BLU's we have to mod them to 166mhz, this will take at least a day for all the preorders so please be patient with us, it will be worth it when you see the Genesis/Megadrive emu running at 166mhz with sound :)

Should I take this to mean that rlyeh has entered a new fGen build into the compo, potentially with Reesy's ASM Z80 core? The last mailing-list beta (060104) had limited sound, the last one with Z80 support is almost a year old, and I sort of doubt this is about Gigadrive (which runs at 165MHz, anyway :p). And rlyeh did say the Z80 support was coming soon in his June 1st mailing-list message...

And even if it's "just" has the speed and sound support of the beta from two weeks ago, I guarantee everyone who hasn't seen it yet that they'll be very impressed. :)

[/wishfulthinking]

well the value you put into the function call is 165000000, so I don't know where the 166mhz comes from? :)

so these Gp32 BLUs, tell me about them - is the battery life affected at all, and will they have more memory or rf built in or something extra like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
nope, just a plain old gp32, but its got a gamergear style back light as opposed to the GBASP type front light

apparently it'll mean less colour wash out, i'm exceddingly happy with my flu though!

Back