Is Craig Tipping Us Off?

TandeM

Mega Pandora Mania?
Website
Visit site
Today's GBAX update:

15th June: GP32BLU's are on the way to us, so you only have a tiny amount of time left to take up the 166mhz + smc r/w offer.

Now, with the BLU's we have to mod them to 166mhz, this will take at least a day for all the preorders so please be patient with us, it will be worth it when you see the Genesis/Megadrive emu running at 166mhz with sound :)

Should I take this to mean that rlyeh has entered a new fGen build into the compo, potentially with Reesy's ASM Z80 core? The last mailing-list beta (060104) had limited sound, the last one with Z80 support is almost a year old, and I sort of doubt this is about Gigadrive (which runs at 165MHz, anyway :p). And rlyeh did say the Z80 support was coming soon in his June 1st mailing-list message...

And even if it's "just" has the speed and sound support of the beta from two weeks ago, I guarantee everyone who hasn't seen it yet that they'll be very impressed. :)

[/wishfulthinking]

i expect the compo results and probably a public version of fGen, just when the new BLU's arrived at GBAX.com. - as a smashing start of the GP32 in europe.. :)

but it's just a suggestion...

fGen cant be in the compo, it was never entered before, although the other one can (by fDave), its name completely escapes me, Gigadrive?

the beta 14/06/04 i have, has no z80 included yet (but less-crackling-now-perfect-quali sound) but im sure hes working on it, just wait a few days for the public release.

btw i begin to wonder what takes craig so long to put the results up.... it has been a week almost and still nothing.... (no offence intended, i understand if he has for example much to do in real life or smth like that)

how much could be done since the last gigadrive release tho?

Is it not updated on a fairly regular basis.

Seriosly looking forward to next fgen release with z80 :)

Megadrive was my favoirite console of that era :)

I wonder if he's delaying the results until he's actually got the BLU to give away... it'd kind of make sense. Or of course, it could just have been a somewhat more busy week then he was expecting, and thus he's had little chance to as yet. Or even, since they were planned for sometime this week, they are actually expected on, say, Saturday... Could be any. Or others, of course....

I need to make sure he still wants my GP32 or I'll have a GP32 BLU and a GP32 FLU
<------------*points to custom title*

I believe craigix is talking about the private fgen beta which runs great at 156mhz with sound but at 166 well you can't complain :p

No fgen isn't in the comp (it could not be as it has never been entered) and I was talking about the beta versions, if you have kept up with gpspain you will know fgen is going public quite soon and you will be impressed.

The reason i've not put up the results is busyness + waiting for the blu's.

Plus many updated programs from previous comps have been release on authors websites anyway, there were no restrictions on that, I just have to get round to looking at them all + hosting the ones which have only been emailed.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Back