Is anyone interested in a Pyra XStylus?

Fusion_Power, would you be willing to pay a little extra for a better stylus?

Is it correct that a good or replaceable tip is the most important improvement you want?
It's an example. I would prefer just an bigger/longer Stylus for Pyra than the one for Pandora. replacable tip would also be a nice bonus and improves the usability and value of the Device. :)  I doubt that this would be much more expencive since only an additional hole is needed for the Stylus and you can buy cheap replacement standard tips.   OK, let' say 0.5-1$ more for such an stylus.

Don't you just hate it when people ignore the half of your post which specifically addresses the reply they then make.
Sorry, I should have also mentioned that he did confirm. ED was told that they were Pandora styluses. Turns out what was meant was "they are styluses that fit in the Pandora". I mean, I guess he could ask 2 or 3 times to make extra sure, but sooner or later you've got to trust that there isn't some misunderstanding going on.

Ok, I see the issue now. These were ordered without getting some samples first.

So maybe this time around ask to get a few samples before jumping into the deep end. If he can't provide any samples beforehand then don't do any business with him.

That'd be wisdom if there were samples. Pyra styluses don't just exist to be ordered, they'd have to be custom designed and I doubt Elton would be in for it to just make a couple samples: it'd have to be an interactive process, same as it is with any of the other parts.

But then we're still on the trust issue that Elton actually produces what he's been commissioned to do. Probably, but ED took a chance once and was burned for it.

In a much more extreme hypothetical scenario, would people be ok with EvilDragon asking CircuitCo to produce something given there history, if he had proper contracts in place and lawyers at the ready?

I would expect to get stopped at airports with that kind of metal stylus. I think there is a length restriction they operate by.
It's half the length and diameter of a pencil and snaps into the stock stylus-holder on the Zodiac (the one that was built for).

Frankly it isn't much bigger than the stylus in a Galaxy Note II phone.

The idea is for the stylus on the Pyra to be weighted metal, have replacement tips, and be good looking kit with a high quality feel.  

I like the idea of the human interface portions having a high quality look and feel - game pads, nubs, keyboard, shoulder buttons, screen and yes, even the stylus.

Frankly, the one that shipped with the Pandora looked like a spare bit of flashing material from the molding process and has no 'feel' to it - like it was an afterthought.

The idea is for the stylus on the Pyra to be weighted metal, have replacement tips, and be good looking kit with a high quality feel.   I like the idea of the human interface portions having a high quality look and feel - game pads, nubs, keyboard, shoulder buttons, screen and yes, even the stylus.
I agree with all of this.  

Since it seems the number of people who would be willing to pay extra for a good metal stylus is low I think it may be best to move forward with making something for me personally, or based on what those who are willing to pay want.  I don't have the required skills, but I will work on acquiring them.  I may still try to do something that gets wider, or something that telescopes like Binky mentioned.  Whatever comes of this I will share with everyone, but I have a feeling it will be a bit more expensive and rough than most would be happy with.

Anybody used a late 90's palm pilot. Those styluses felt amazing. I need to find it again. It was a brilliant design metal center with threaded holes on each side ( same size!) The tip and the end had the same threads so interchangeable. I'd rather have a stylus like that. Then you could offer different hardness tips, and manufacturing would be easy.... also those sturdy styluses will not snap in half like how the Pandora stylus feels. God I had a nightmare about it shattering in my hand like a cheap pen...ugh

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

I like the xstyluses, they felt much better in hand compared to the stock one. Will certain pick up a few along with the pyra. 

I would like them to come in colours that match Pyra's colour scheme, and I also want them to stay in pyra's slot rather than sliding out all the time. 

I like the xstyluses, they felt much better in hand compared to the stock one. Will certain pick up a few along with the pyra. 

I would like them to come in colours that match Pyra's colour scheme, and I also want them to stay in pyra's slot rather than sliding out all the time. 
I take it you have issues with styli sliding out of your Pandora, which ones? 

They won't stay tight in neither my cc nor my 1ghz pandora. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not too sure. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't stay tight in neither my cc nor my 1ghz pandora. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not too sure. 
Sorry, I meant which styli?  Were you having trouble with the XStylus Crayon in those Pandoras?  Mine stays in fine, but since it bugs me that it sticks out a bit I played around and found that I can push it in far enough that the part that bugs me goes into the slot for the back end of the stock stylus.  It stays in better, however you need to be careful if you do it because it puts stress on everything and might be very hard to pull out.

Sorry, I meant which styli?  Were you having trouble with the XStylus Crayon in those Pandoras?  Mine stays in fine, but since it bugs me that it sticks out a bit I played around and found that I can push it in far enough that the part that bugs me goes into the slot for the back end of the stock stylus.  It stays in better, however you need to be careful if you do it because it puts stress on everything and might be very hard to pull out.
That's the same issue as the ones I have on mine. I don't want to pressure my pandora too much, who knows if that would cause another crack. Pushing it all the way in just felt wrong. 

Back